“Fabulous, thank you!”

Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, thank you!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great trip to Fields Lodge. Other members of my family had stayed there, so I took their advice and popped in. It was magical - everything happened smoothly and I didn't meet anyone until the morning!

Lovely breakfast - thank you, Jayne.

I have already recommended Fields Lodge to a friend wanting some R@R in lovely surroundings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Helene613

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I just love Fields Lodge B&B and Jayne is an absolute diamond. The breakfast is to die for. This time I got up went for a 10km run and had the best cooked breakfast I have ever had in a B&B, with loads of fruit, blueberries, strawberries, yogurt, set me up for the day... and I got the order.

Can't wait to return!!

Robert Burn

Room Tip: Swimming... the Sea was great, Fitness... run down and around beach was perfect!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I cannot praise Jayne, her staff and this place highly enough. Warm welcome, wonderful room (we were in the attic room) and lovely breakfast. As we were there for a special occasion Jayne went out of her way to make it special. Short drive to many stunning spots. I would recommend Field's Lodge to everyone.

uckfield
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at this B&B at the recommendation of relatives who live nearby. We arrived somewhat distray as my back was in spasm and I was in considerable pain. Our room was great and more importantly the bed was really good. I travel for a living (pilot,) and it is my experience that many hotels spend a fortune on decor and nothing on the bed! Well it wasn't the case here. It was just fine.

Breakfast was superb and there is also a lovely lounge to take coffee and look at locally produced products and there is lots of information on what to do in the area. And it's personalised not just brochures.

Jayne the owner gave the number of really good physiotherapist who was fantastic ( Jeroen Bruins,) which made our stay much better. However we did have to curtail our visit by a day. As this wasn't J's fault I wanted to pay for our contracted stay, but when the time to check out came she said that when we visited again we could have a day free. Can't ask fairer than that and it was a really nice gesture that we really appreciated.

I would unreservedly recommend. Thank you.

Room Tip: Stepping Stones It doesn't have a pool. Couldn't clear the click!
London
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I only stayed for one night but it was a great experience. A lovely place and Jayne was the perfect host. All the reviews I read talked about the fantastic breakfast and they were all right, amazing. I had a meeting in town and they knew about Fields Lodge and the breakfast, it's the talk of the town.

No need to look elsewhere for somewhere to stay, Fields Lodge really is that good.

Room Tip: Stepping Stones room has a low roof in parts for taller guests.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

calgary
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The rooms were lovely, with throws of welsh weaving, just like the one I bought that afternoon before arriving. Was surprised to not be met, but we arrived much later than I had suggested. Found the room with no difficulties and met the owner later. Loved all the art and info about local art in the sitting room. Breakfast was wonderful with great berries. and very pleasant service.

UK
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here while walking a section of the Wales Coastal Path and this was the perfect place to spend our last night. The rooms were luxurious and the breakfast fabulous. Jayne made us feel really welcome and was kind enough to not only invite us to wait in the lounge before going to get our late morning train, but also supplied us with hot drinks and muffins while we waited and phoned for a taxi to take us to the station. Nothing seemed too much trouble. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

#2 of 3 in Marloes
Roch Castle Hotel
Roch Castle Hotel
#1 of 5 in Roch

Been to Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!