“I cannot rate this highly enough! Fantastic!”

Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“I cannot rate this highly enough! Fantastic!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Where do is start!? This B & B is absolutely beautiful. Immaculately clean. Jayne has thought of everything, robes and slippers, welsh cakes, chocolates upon arrival, complimentary toiletries, homely nic nacs (I loved the duck in the dressing room). The bed was huge, there was a dressing room leading to the bathroom - I don't even have a dressing room at home. Power shower - you weren't kidding! Fabulous! A guest book with all the information you could possibly need. Then there was breakfast. Just wow! Berries, fruit, cereal, homemade strawberry yogurt, 3 fruit juices, tea, then there's the cooked element. Best breakfast I've had. Even better than mums but don't tell her! Everyone needs to visit Jayne. She's a lovely, lovely lady. I've stayed in a lot of guest houses, b & bs and hotels for work but this is the best by a country mile!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rebecca S
Jaynem64, Owner at Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am pleased that I have made your business trip a little more enjoyable. After travelling myself for many years, I have tried to provide everything that I would've wanted on a business trip. Somewhere you feel comfortable and safe with all the little extras to make you feel a little spoiled, so you can nearly kid yourself you are on holiday rather than woking! I'm glad you enjoyed my breakfast offering, I try to have something for everyone available, and as much homemade or local as possible. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future! Thanks, Jayne x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here with our 3 dogs this weekend. The breakfast and service was the best we have experienced and Jayne went out her way to provide gluten free options including welsh cakes in our room each day. She also helped us with anything needed to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank ALFIEDAISY
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I chose Fields Lodge as the best of accommodation near Milford Haven (after reviewing tripadvisor) and was not disappointed. Jayne was very friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I was not disturbed and had a perfect night's sleep. The breakfast - I chose the full Welsh cooked breakfast - was superb!

The only area for improvement is that the wifi did not quite reach my room upstairs 'Stepping Stones'. In Jayne's defence I did not raise this issue during my short stay. It could be easily remedied by a booster at the bottom of the stairs. Anyway I used the wifi in the lounge which was a good speed. I took one point off rooms for this issue.

Overall this is a great place to stay and beats the competition local to Milford Haven.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank D0ug_T2014
Jaynem64, Owner at Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you found your stay comfortable, I endevour to create a peaceful and relaxing stay whether it's business or pleasure to make sure the 'bed' and 'breakfast' of your stay are memorable. I am so disappointed that you did not mention the fact that you could not get wifi in your room- I have boosters all along in the attic, I can only imagine the one for your room needed a 'restart', with that, you would have enjoyed wifi to your hearts content! I do hope it didn't cause you too much inconvenience- I am pleased you located the signal further down in the house.
Having said that I am grateful for your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future. Best Wishes, Jayne
Tulla, Ireland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This place is just out of this world..so comfortable,warm and a home away from home..the attention to detail is just perfection..Jayne is so warm and welcoming. It is also one of the most relaxing places I have ever stayed in, it's better than a hotel! The breakfast is so varied that anyone could find something to eat. I would be back in a heart beat and would strongly recommend Fields Lodge. Thank you Jayne:)

Room Tip: I stayed in Sleeping Bay room which has a king size 6' bed and is lovely,spacious and cosy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Maeve L
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great trip to Fields Lodge. Other members of my family had stayed there, so I took their advice and popped in. It was magical - everything happened smoothly and I didn't meet anyone until the morning!

Lovely breakfast - thank you, Jayne.

I have already recommended Fields Lodge to a friend wanting some R@R in lovely surroundings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Helene613
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I just love Fields Lodge B&B and Jayne is an absolute diamond. The breakfast is to die for. This time I got up went for a 10km run and had the best cooked breakfast I have ever had in a B&B, with loads of fruit, blueberries, strawberries, yogurt, set me up for the day... and I got the order.

Can't wait to return!!

Robert Burn

Room Tip: Swimming... the Sea was great, Fitness... run down and around beach was perfect!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I cannot praise Jayne, her staff and this place highly enough. Warm welcome, wonderful room (we were in the attic room) and lovely breakfast. As we were there for a special occasion Jayne went out of her way to make it special. Short drive to many stunning spots. I would recommend Field's Lodge to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Broadmead Boutique B&B
Twr y Felin Hotel
Twr y Felin Hotel
#1 of 6 in St Davids

Been to Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!