“Looked good from the outside!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Horse and Jockey Public House
Ranked #13 of 45 Restaurants in Milford Haven
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Saw cars parked outside the pub so decided to stop for a meal it was not a good decision.
The meal was edible but that is the only compliment I can give.
I will not be returning.

8  Thank John H

Reviewed 19 March 2014

having visited the horse and jockey in steynton we were very pleasantly surprised by the wonderful atmosphere , the friendliness of the staff and absolute quality of the food. we were served by Leanne at the bar and at the table, she was totally professional and super efficient . we ordered 3 different meals and everyone of them was cooked to perfection with the sirloin and fillet steaks both cooked perfectly the way we had ordered. we could not fault any of the food in any way. with 3 empty plates and appetites satisfied. I was also impressed by the prices . we will certainly be returning and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone. well done and thank you Angie for the best cooked steak I have ever eaten in any pub ever.

3  Thank rob m
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Ate here tonight as we were a party of 14 and nowhere else in Milford could fit us in. All in all we had a great night, it was a birthday and the birthday girl received a free drink which was a nice touch and the staff were very accommodating. When it came to ordering the menu was very limited and more suited to lunch than evening meals and staff seemed to have trouble taking the orders (they came around 3 times re-taking it). When the food came it was ok, basic pub grub in large quantities, nothing amazing but nothing terrible either. Staff very helpful though and like I said massive portions. Not my cup of tea but could have been a lot worse

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My family and I live within walking distance and eat at the pub on a reular basis. The food is always lovely and very good value for money and the staff are always friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We dropped in on the off chance there was space,
well there was lots of space.
There was only an older couple sitting down,that should have told me then that the food was not as great as I have heard about in the past.
It took for ever to get served,we had a starer of veg soup that tasted like it came out of tin cheap but it came with a nice hot crusty roll.
again waiting for what seemed like for ever out came the main, we all had beef again it was like the sliced packet kind the roasts were the frozen easy type and the Yorkshire had see better days, as for the veg that came all mixed up together apart from the boiled new potatoes.
The gravy was taste less, oh almost for got about the peas cheap frozen and hard.
Sorry but there was nothing good to say about the food :( we ate what we could because we paid for it and at £10 + ahead not good value for money.
Shall I always heard good stories about the Sunday meals in the past.

3  Thank Mowmandy