“Excellent dog and family friendly pub”
Review of Red Cow Inn

Red Cow Inn
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New owners from 17th december 2017 we serve traditional ales and a large selection of beers and wines we serve hot and cold pub food
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Warm welcome and really good value for money menu. Staff are really friendly and welcoming especially with families and dogs which is great to see. Super location, lovely atmosphere and well worth a visit after a long walk or just to relax in a friendly environment. Well done to the staff for making this establishment so popular with both locals and visitors.

2  Thank benstiley530

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Awesome sunday lunch here.. one of rhe best we had for years. Highly recommended. Plenty of vegetables to go with lots of meat. I had the pork and my friend had the beef. Beautiful

1  Thank kesroid1961kg
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The food is so beautiful I book in every Sunday for Sunday lunch.. Best I have ever had.. even so much I eat here in the week too bar meals are also beautiful also.. the best pub ever. All the staff are amazing..

1  Thank Louise P
Reviewed 30 September 2018

I've been a relatively regular patron of this pub for around 3 years. Last night we went for a quiet early evening drink and sat outside as it was quite busy inside. As the walkers and bikers began to leave we went inside, with our dog, who was on a lead, very well behaved and quiet. There were a couple of reserved tables (empty) but no other tables available so we waited at the bar for a few minutes as another couple were just vacating their table. When they left we went and sat down. A group of 3 came into the pub and I assume went to the bar to enquire about eating because after a couple of minutes to bar person came over and told us that we had to leave the table as 3 people had just come in to eat. I was shocked to say the least, I've never been anywhere as a paying customer and told to leave a table because someone has just walked in and wanted it. It's not even as if we were without drinks, we had only got half way down the glasses. It seems that there has been a change of ownership or management recently and policies have changed. I wonder what will happen during the winter months when the walkers and bikers stop and the bread and butter local trade has been pushed away? This is no way to treat customers. Unfortunately, this has left a bitter taste in my mouth and I will not be returning, I am gutted as this was my go to place.

3  Thank Stuart P
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Went on Sat eve at 7:40 for a meal. After waiting for the barmaid we asked if they were serving food only to be told "No" rather grumpily, although the sign said they served till 9pm! Didn't look very welcoming and we're glad to leave.

1  Thank Pete T