Stayed here on Saturday March 1st after a business trip. As I don't drive my aim was to be close to the airport and of the limited choice I went for the Ballyrobin.
To start with the staff were the friendliest I have ever known. Nothing was too much trouble including getting me a table in the restaurant despite my failure to book. Both hotel and restaurant service was exceptional.
I had booked a traditional room which are the slightly older ones but was not disappointed. The room was decorated in shades of lilac and was rather large. The bed very comfy!
I then went for dinner and despite this having a mention in the Michelin guide I was still pleasantly surprised. The risotto and scallops luxurious, steak some of the nicest ice had and chocolate caramel tart gorgeous and very naughty.
Next morning breakfast again big and tasty.
This was a delightful stay and I will be back. Nothing was too much trouble and for the £5 flat fare to the airport it was perfect xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This centuries old Guest House oozes homely charm inside and out. The brand new bedrooms have added unexpected chic with boutique comfort and style. As for the food? You’ll have to travel a long way to find as good. Whether it’s a hearty breakfast, a quick bite before your flight, a business lunch or a special occasion, Ballyrobin’s mouth watering all day gastro menu is worth checking in for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ballyrobin Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballyrobin Country Hotel Aldergrove
- Ballyrobin Country Lodge Aldergrove, County Antrim