“Fabulous hotel suitable for any occasion”

Ballyrobin Country Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldergrove
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Saturday March 1st after a business trip. As I don't drive my aim was to be close to the airport and of the limited choice I went for the Ballyrobin.
To start with the staff were the friendliest I have ever known. Nothing was too much trouble including getting me a table in the restaurant despite my failure to book. Both hotel and restaurant service was exceptional.
I had booked a traditional room which are the slightly older ones but was not disappointed. The room was decorated in shades of lilac and was rather large. The bed very comfy!
I then went for dinner and despite this having a mention in the Michelin guide I was still pleasantly surprised. The risotto and scallops luxurious, steak some of the nicest ice had and chocolate caramel tart gorgeous and very naughty.
Next morning breakfast again big and tasty.
This was a delightful stay and I will be back. Nothing was too much trouble and for the £5 flat fare to the airport it was perfect xx

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CeceOC

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Beautifully appointed room, would not have know the airport was so close, extremely comfortable beds, Dinner was delicious and the atmosphere was cosy and welcoming, a lovely escape on a Decembers evening

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BushmillsSmithy
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Having made the booking very late on Saturday evening, due to been let down by another hotel, a friendly welcome greeted us. The hotel was clean, warm and beautifully decorated.
We were offered refreshments even with a late check in, after our long day at work and retired to our rooms after a nice Pint.
The rooms were spacious clean, warm, and with an added touch of the towels shaped into animals, myself and my team were delighted with our stay at the Ballyrobin.

To top of the stay, the breakfast was fantastic. We will be back!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My fiancé and I go to the Ballyrobin every year over valentines and this year was no different. This was our third year and we couldn't fault it. The room and so clean and beautifully decorated. Our meal was so delicious and the staff couldn't do enough for you!! It really was a home from home. I simply love this hotel. And even loved the fact one of the waitresses remembered us, such a beautiful touch. If you are thinking about going here! Do it! You will have a ball! Just perfect!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Great welcome,lovely bedroom,and a great evening meal.Service a little slow for breakfast,but excellent.Would recommend to anyone wanting an overnight close to the airport.Taxi costs £7 to the airport.

Room Tip: Only good for this excellent place
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went for lunch and it was just ok. We ate from the 2 course lunch special menu for £10. The choice was very limited but the portions were generous. The service was very slow and there was no atmosphere. I wouldn't rush back as there are other better places to have lunch.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Selena H, Manager at Ballyrobin Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for your recent report regarding your lunch. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your lunch on this occasion. We do have special offer lunches - now we have lunch dishes for £6.95. However we always have our A La Carte menu on offer every day and this gives a wide range of dishes. Hope you will return and give us another chance.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

stayed her recently with a colleague to drop him off at the airport. The hotel is ideally located, and seems to be minimal noise. Reception looks good, and Room was in good order, the only part of wear and tear and some discolouration in the shower part of the bath.

Room was quiet, bit on the cold side, but every hotel seems to be that uses air con as a heating source.

All the staff were exceptional, extremely helpful.

I'd have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: I just has a basic room it was very adequate.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldergrove
Maldron Hotel Belfast International Airport
#1 of 3 in Antrim
Tullyglass House Hotel
Tullyglass House Hotel
#2 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Ballyrobin Country Lodge? Share your experiences!