“Lovely Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldergrove
Dublin
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just back from a really great weekend stay. The property appears to have been very recently re-built/refurbished and it shows. The rooms are very well appointed, comfy bed, great storage and super power shower (note to management-please put a shelf or hanging unit for shower products). We ate in the hotel on Friday and the meal was of a very good standard and seems to me very reasonably priced, we were 4 and everyone agreed the food was lovely and amazing value. We made the mistake of going out for dinner to close by Eli Mays (DONT) on Saturday and wished we hadn't. In addition to the lovely food and rooms at Ballyrobin the team here are really great and nothing was a problem. From breakfast to night caps the whole team at Ballyrobin makes for a super stay. Would recommend highly. The hotel is really close to the airport. It really wasn't an issue for any of us and we would stay again.

Room Tip: Our friends had a bath & shower we just had a shower room if you have a preference ask at the ti...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here recently with a colleague on business. My stay was fantastic. Check-in was friendly & efficient. My room was spacious and very comfortable including a very comfy bed! There was also complimentary Wifi which is a must-have in my book.

For me the highlight of my stay was the food... It was AMAZING!!!!! We ate in the Restaurant and I had a delightful steak that was actually cooked the way I like it. It was served with the most fabulous chips I have ever tasted! The service was prompt, friendly and efficient but never intrusive which was great. Breakfast was a delight.... Washed down with plenty of hot tea!

I can't wait to stay in this hotel again... It is definitely my new haunt when I go to Belfast!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Portstewart, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here overnight and we were given a very warm welcome and the Receptionist booked us into the restaurant where we had a beautiful meal. Our room was very well furnished with a King size bed. The bathroom was beautiful with a bath and built in shower which were both put to use. We had a good nights sleep and in the morning we were given a lovely breakfast in the dining room. The staff were very attentive. I have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone needing a very comfortable night on the way to or from the airport. Many thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you're looking for somewhere that's extremely comfortable, immaculately clean, has great food, and staff that couldn't possibly before more helpful, please allow me to recommend this place.

I travel a lot with work, and it makes a huge difference when I'm able to stay somewhere that I can fully relax at the end of the day. I loved every minute of my time here.

I urge you to try the Eggs Benedict: I had it for breakfast three days in a row. Yum!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Saturday March 1st after a business trip. As I don't drive my aim was to be close to the airport and of the limited choice I went for the Ballyrobin.
To start with the staff were the friendliest I have ever known. Nothing was too much trouble including getting me a table in the restaurant despite my failure to book. Both hotel and restaurant service was exceptional.
I had booked a traditional room which are the slightly older ones but was not disappointed. The room was decorated in shades of lilac and was rather large. The bed very comfy!
I then went for dinner and despite this having a mention in the Michelin guide I was still pleasantly surprised. The risotto and scallops luxurious, steak some of the nicest ice had and chocolate caramel tart gorgeous and very naughty.
Next morning breakfast again big and tasty.
This was a delightful stay and I will be back. Nothing was too much trouble and for the £5 flat fare to the airport it was perfect xx

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CeceOC
Bushmills
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Beautifully appointed room, would not have know the airport was so close, extremely comfortable beds, Dinner was delicious and the atmosphere was cosy and welcoming, a lovely escape on a Decembers evening

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BushmillsSmithy
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Having made the booking very late on Saturday evening, due to been let down by another hotel, a friendly welcome greeted us. The hotel was clean, warm and beautifully decorated.
We were offered refreshments even with a late check in, after our long day at work and retired to our rooms after a nice Pint.
The rooms were spacious clean, warm, and with an added touch of the towels shaped into animals, myself and my team were delighted with our stay at the Ballyrobin.

To top of the stay, the breakfast was fantastic. We will be back!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldergrove
Maldron Hotel Belfast
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Ballygally Castle
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally

Been to Ballyrobin Country Lodge? Share your experiences!