Yellowham Farmhouse
The Casterbridge(Dorchester)
US$149
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel(Dorchester)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$104
Hotels.com
Junction Hotel(Dorchester)
US$126
Premier Inn Dorchester(Dorchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Restaurant
Riviera Hotel(Weymouth)
US$104
The Smuggler's Inn(Osmington Mills)
US$133
US$97
US$101
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2009

When I arranged booking with the landlady she was impatient and abrupt during the three phone calls we had. When we arrived as planned at 12.15am the directions to the family room were waiting for us as arranged. We were pleased about this, however not so pleased when we discovered we all had only one flimsy pillow each and a very thin duvet. I didn't sleep at all that night as I was cold. We were left breakfast order forms to leave outside the door, but no pen! Luckily I had one.
The bare minimum of small milk pots were left with the kettle and tea/ coffee sachets etc. so it was impossible to make coffee for four as they contain hardly any milk.
We had to be in for breakfast between 6.45 and 8.45 (on a Sunday?). Too early for us. 9.15 would have been a good time.
We ordered fried breakfast and were given 2 x chipolata sausages, 2 x small pieces of bacon, one egg and a grilled tomato cut in half, and my teenage/ older children were given the same but with only one piece of bacon and one sausage.
We had to ask for more toast as still hungry. (£96 for that, not a good deal)
The landlady was polite but kept her distance.
Although a nice quiet location I would definately not go there again or recommend

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank WestCountryKaz
Reviewed 8 May 2009

I recently stayed here for 2 nights as B&B... On the first night, the convection heater in the room burnt a small hole in the room's carpet ( about 6" long) it was my fault as I switched it on in darkness without realising it was on its side.. The landlady got extremely cross, and demanded I pay the total sum to replacing the whole carpet in the room ( £ 260 /- ).. I tried reasoning with her that the penalty I was given was FAR disproportionate to the damage I had done.. anyway the carpet itself was not in pristine condition, and had couple of other flaws ( possibly left by previous customers ).. It was asthough she was using my money to convenently replace her " old carpet "...Warning to potential travellers, this landlady can turn quite nasty in the face of such problems, BEWARE !!! Dr. Dominic

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank dominicr2001
Reviewed 28 July 2008

My Wife and I have stayed in b+b's in Dorset on several occasions during the last couple of years, some have been good and some, not so good. Yellowham Farm is far superior to anything we have stayed at before.
The whole place exudes a feeling of utter tranquility, cleanliness and good old fashioned hospitality.
Everything felt brand new, it was that clean. The breakfast was cooked to perfection, although not massive, it kept me going, through till lunch.
The ensuite bathroom was clean and fresh smelling, no sign of mould or mildew anywhere, toiletries provided included soap, shampoo and even Radox, which my wife thought was a lovely touch.
As you can probably guess, we would recommend this B+B to anyone who likes the personal touch, with friendliness, cleanliness and hospitality thrown in for free.
So for a wonderful stay in Dorset Give Tony or Kay Birchenhough a ring, I don't think you'll be sorry. Mr and Mrs Gadabout

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple