“Spacious, friendly, hassle-free accommodation perfect for the Ridgeway and the Chiltern Hills”
Review of Ridgeway Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saunderton
Ridgeway Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Saunderton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Stayed 3 nights as guests of Miv and John at the Ridgeway Lodge with my wife and 8-year old daughter for a short walking holiday. There is something just 'right' about the location, the accommodation, the welcome, the breakfast, the place to kick off your muddy boots, the fresh-made cakes, the extra little touches from Miv that made my daughter feel welcome. Something cosy about the living room where you can watch TV, play boardgames, read books or watch the garden birds. The Great Spotted woodpeckers are a treat, and you should take binoculars for close-ups of the ever-present Red Kites. This is B&B with the relaxeed and welcoming personal touch, just as it should be. Invite your friends to stay with you, but only the ones you really like. This will be your new secret hideaway.

Ged and Nicola, Bicester.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 March 2010

When faced with the closure of regular B&B in the area, I was exceptionally fortunate find Ridgeway Lodge. The excellent facilities are complimented by the warm welcome. I always look forward to “putting the world to rights” with my hosts as I enjoy their superb breakfast fare. The house is located in beautiful grounds with good walks nearby allowing me to unwind of an evening. Ridgeway Lodge is an oasis of peace and quiet that I have no hesitation in recommending to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I stayed at the Ridgeway Lodge for the total of 11 nights in a very nice and roomy Studio Room. I had a comfotable king bed and a bathroom all to myself (and a good size to boot). The room had everything I needed including a hairdryer and all the essential amenities. Miv is an excellent cook and I always looked forward to her delicious breakfast. Miv and John are two of the warmest most thoughtful people I have ever met. I was on my own and felt very relaxed being there. I will definately be back!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2009

We really enjoyed our stay, nothing was too much trouble.

Room very clean, breakfast excelllent, fabulous poach egg!

Lynne

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Rather than settle for a souless hotel, we stayed at Ridgeway Lodge which is a hidden Gem of a place.

The grounds are fantastic, the accommodation is of the highest quality, the breakfast was perfect, and the owners are excellent hosts!

We would definitely stay there again, and recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2009

walked the Ridgeway with my adult daughter, this b&b right on the route, we were very efficiently catered for , including the Italian delivery service for dinner!!

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 29 March 2009

We stayed in this B and B during a stop on the Ridgeway walk and were very pleased with our stay. We receieved such a warm welcome and were extremely well looked after. Ridgeway Lodge is very comfortable with lots of space - it was lovely to have a large lounge area in which to relax as well as the bedroom. The cake on arrival and breakfast were delicious, really adding to our stay. I would certainly recommend this as outstanding value for money and a very relaxing and enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends

Been to Ridgeway Lodge? Share your experiences!