“girls night in package - great ... But”
Review of Hellaby Hall Hotel

Hellaby Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hellaby
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Came to stay here sat night with 7 other girls for my hen do, started off great nearly all good thanks to my friends n ended great.
Checked in and key cards wouldnt work for any room but that was soon fixed. The barn conversion is beautiful - could not have asked for a better room, all my friends rooms were good too apart from the distance between the rooms!
Spa was a relaxing couple of hours, they were a little behind on treatments so mine and bridesmaids was cut slightly short but enjoyable.
Dinner was beautifully made and served - absolutly no complaints there.
The girls night in package contains a movie night ... but the tv had no internet connection needed to connect to movies, despite myself speaking to the receptionest and hotel supervisor my bridesnaid the same, it took a 3rd person to call do for anything to get done! A young lad ?Warren? Was brilliant, despite the fact he was officially a member of the bar staff he tried his best to sort the problem. In the end he fetched the night manager to see us and 2 hours later we got things sorted.
Some of The staff need more training on how to speak to customers, not rude but trying to be friends rather than professional but all in all they all tried their best to help.
after this I would still go back as the hotel in beautiful and accomodating despite the trouble being out of their control.
we had a great night thanks to my wonderful friends.
got a few extras and money nocked off, great result.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
HHgeneralmanager, General Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit from start to finish and received proof, first hand, that our guest's experience & feedback is very important to us. I am sorry that your TV was not working correctly, but pleased that the team was able to fix this for you. Your comments have been shared with the team and we very much look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I booked a treat weekend for Mandi and myself as it was her birthday on Saturday 26th October 2013.
I was looking for a hotel with breakfast and dinner, with spa or pool for some leisure activities.
I looked on the internet and I come across the Prima Hotel Group.
They had an autumn special which was exactly what I was looking for :)
The prices were fab too :)
On our way up to the Hotel, I organised a kayak activity for us at the Rother valley leisure club.
On arrival, the staff were very friendly, the rooms were quite a good sized and the bed was extra large too lol. The rooms and hotel were lovely and spotless, just as we expected as it was 4 star rated.
The evening meal was romantic, we had our own table for two with a candle.
The food was superb :) and the staff were very friendly and service was great.
The breakfast was great too but my only criticisms was that they served orange squash and not orange juice, and they do really need to invest in a better commercial toaster as there were queues.
The staff went the extra mile to keep us happy.
We didn't get a chance to use the spa facilities but we did have a look and they did look lovely.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and we may try one of the others in the group another time if we find more special deals on their sites.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read that your evening spent with your girlfriend was enjoyed by all and that our staff were able to add to this birthday experience by providing a welcoming, comfortable & relaxing atmosphere. I have shared your comments with the team and we all hope you will return for another trip very soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Was very worried having read the reviews prior to our stay and almost canceled and stayed elsewhere.

WE ARE SO Pleased we stayed and ignored them. The old hall that you see in the pictures is beautiful we arrived early and was offered a coffee in the lounge area that overlooked the pretty garden in the old hall.

Very grand but modern at the same time you can tell the owners have worked hard to keep the charm. Part if our deal included afternoon tea. This was served in the same lounge after we were able to check in and was served in old fashioned tea cups and saucers very different and well thought out.

Our room was part of a block at the rear of the hotel and overlooked trees and the leisure centre we think. Very spacious and clean with thick duvet and lovely mattress that gave a good nights sleep. We did initially have a problem with our tv but to be honest it was one of them that turns on when you enter the room and just think it needed resetting.

We then experienced the gym and pool. We did about 10 minutes in the gym just to say we had and then hit the pool. Very big for a hotel pool but clean and staff very pleasant and helpful.

Retiring to our room before dinner we both showered and got ready for dinner, the restaurant is above the reception and there is a lovely bar which we had a sneaky g and t before dinner the barman was very polite and brought our drinks over to our table and was asked if we would like to see a menu.

We were told after that they have a new chef and this was the new menu. Well everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel restaurant. The meal was delicious I am wishing I was back there just writing about it. The food was coined to perfection and the young girls serving were very willing to do their best. The wine we ordered was the house wine and we were surprised how nice it was and not normal cheap house wine, in fact we asked for another bottle to retire to bed with.

A great night sleep and lots of hot water in the morning the fire alarm went off as we were on our way to breakfast but the staff were very much in charge and doned their yellow vests to assure people everything was fine.

Well due to the alarm there seem to be a lot of people in the restaurant for breakfast and people attacked the buffet as if the world was about to end. We waited calmly and waited for the greedies to sit down and the buffet had all been refreshed by the time we were ready. It was help yourself and we had a great British fry up only without the washing up. Well done to the team for putting up with some of the guests demands.

Some people should understand that the fire alarm is there for a reason to keep you alive in the case of a fire and not set off on purpose!! The staff did a great job.

We checked out by the same girl that checked us in and she asked if we had enjoyed our stay and we very much confirmed we had and would soon be back.

All in all we loved our stay the hotel is bigger than you think but very lovely. The staff and food are the hotels strength and the leisure centre is the icing on the cake. We will defiantly be back soon.

I would encourage people to try it themselves and don't be influenced by the bitter people on here that appear to have nothing to do in their life's than to talk rubbish.

Can't wait to return hoping that the beef dish is still on the restaurant menu.

Stayed: October 2013

Many thanks for your detailed review and thank you for taking the time to review your stay in detail.
as you experienced we are passionate about what we do and it makes it all worthwhile when we receive feedback such as yours. guests feedback is very important to the team. Please note that I will share your comments with the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I wanted a nice weekend away from the children and after looking around we choose to stay at Hellaby hall as it had all the facilities we were looking for, restaurant, spa, lovely bedrooms and nice surroundings. When we got there we were not disappointed, we had a lovely welcome from the receptionist (Hannah I think) which straight away made me feel relaxed, she told us everything we needed to know about breakfast, dinner, the spa and the bar . We then went up to our room which was lovely, very comfortable and clean. Later we ate in the restaurant and the food was amazing and the service was good too! A few drinks in the bar and then we had a stroll around the grounds of the hotel. We espically loved the old manor, the hotel is a nice mix of old and new. The next day we had breakfast (again lovely) and headed off to the spa for abit of relaxation. Overall a lovely hotel with friendly staff, just what we needed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback which has been share with the team at the hotel, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

12 of us stayed here in Sept for a 2 day meeting and the service was excellent from the min we walked through the door.
We were directed to the meeting room which overlooked the gardens. they brought us refreshments all day and we had lunch both in the room and restaurant which was excellent.
we had our evening meal in the restaurant and breakfast on the 2nd day which was brilliant.
the rooms was very spacious, had a great nights sleep and the wifi was good in the room even though I couldn't get a phone signal.
The guys used the gym and pool and was happy with the facilities on offer.
only thing is when you put the postcode in the sat nav it directs you to the back of the hotel and the goods entrance. better directions would be useful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you received proof that our customer's experience is very important to us. Myself, & the team very much look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I should have heeded all your terrible reviews, but was mesmerized by the lovely looking Manor House on the website, of which we saw nothing - so a complete misrepresentation.
A family funeral necessitated our trip, So disappointing.
A small dingy, dark room - the worst we have stayed in - ever - with greasy furniture, and even scribbles on the wall behind the bed.
In the bathroom - cracked basin, and floor tiles, broken loo roll holder, flaking paint on the bath panel. .
No-one on reception to check us out.
A dismal, expensive, experience from beginning to end.

Room Tip: Manor House?
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback which I have shared with the team. The housekeeping team pride themselves in their attention to detail and I apologize for the lapse in standards during your stay.
I can assure you that the manor house does exist and this could be found on the left hand side as you drive into the hotels grounds. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and disapointed that we were not made aware of this at the time, when I'm sure we would have been able to resolve your concerns.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

What could be an exclusive hotel, in what is a very good location is a disorganised mess with terrible service and awful food. Stayed here for a family occasion and the staff and management don't appear to communicate with one another. I felt sorry for the staff who were just trying to fumble along, I almost got the impression they knew what a joke it was and were used to people complaining. The food was the cold, bland and ran out before everyone had been served. Overall the hotel is very tired looking, with some parts newer than others, some modern fittings, where others old fashioned and tatty. Needs a complete over haul with staff who actually know what they are doing and chef who knows how to cook food that tastes half decent. Such a shame as this could be a vibrant destination for business people, family occasions and weekend getaways.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Hatfam38

Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive account of your experience and observations. I am happy to hear that you very much liked the hotel its location and the facilities it offered. I have passed your comments regarding the dinner service onto my Operations Manager and Head Chef for review and I would like to offer my apologies for this lapse in service during your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hellaby
Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel
#9 of 15 in Rotherham
Mercure Sheffield Parkway
Mercure Sheffield Parkway
#2 of 15 in Rotherham

Been to Hellaby Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!