“Room service - non existent”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hellaby Hall Hotel

Hellaby Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hellaby
UK
“Room service - non existent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

What a shame that such an historic building that from the outside does indeed look every part of a four star residence is let down by internal customer service.

If you are a guest that prefers to eat in their room, I would advise that you bring your own provisions or order a take-away from an external source.

Dialling down for room service is quite a futile activity. At the very most expect constant ringing and no actual engagement with a staff member; or you could be lucky enough to actually talk to somebody in reception or room service. However they seem to have no knowledge of what certain items on the menu are, and after being placed on hold for a moment or two you are then abruptly cut off, with further attempts of calling ignored.

I guess you could walk down to reception and place an order, but somehow that defeats the object of room service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SMY_TEL
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Sir

It is with regret that I read your recent review and I am very sorry you did not manage to get through to order your room service. We at Hellaby Hall strive to achieve excellent service however it is clear that on this occasion we have fallen short of your expectation.
The team and I will be delighted to cater for your needs should you stay with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

10th May 2014
Excellent experience from the first time of meeting Kirsty the wedding planner right through to breakfast the day after the wedding :-)
Nothing was to much trouble for Any of the staff. All meals were piping hot and staff were very courteous.
For breakfast they put all the wedding guests in he garden suite which was lovely as we all shared breakfast together again this was piping hot and there were plenty if not far to much for everyone. I would highly recommend anyone to have their fantastic wedding at Hellaby Hall

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie S
Dear Guest.

It is with great delight that I read your recent review regarding your special day.
I am pleased to see that everything went brilliantly and that the team could not do enough for you, it is also very nice to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed the meal and that it was served at the correct temperature. On behalf of the team and myself I would like to thank you for choosing Hellaby Hall for your special day.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

we went to a relative`s wedding reception and stopped the night at Hellaby Hall Hotel in rotherham last weekend the 26th of April, the experience on the whole was very good, the receptionist was very friendly the room was clean and quite well equipped with a really large comfortable bed, the reception was held in a nice sized room, drinks were on the expensive side which is what you expect in Hotels so no shock there but I have been to a lot more expensive hotels. Breakfast was really nice, it was a serve yourself buffet type breakfast with the usual bacon,sausage,beans,fried eggs or scrambled tomatoes button mushrooms and fried bread plus a good choice of fruit juices and cereals, the plates could have been warmed up as they were cold so breakfast went cold very quickly but the whole weekend was a very enjoyable experience.

1 Thank daryl k
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure that I read your recent review regarding your relative’s special day. I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed the day and found the reception team to be very friendly and efficient.
The team is delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed our buffet breakfast in our newly awarded AA rosette restaurant.
The team and I are looking forward to your next visit at Hellaby Hall.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We celebrated our son's wedding reception at Hellaby Hall Hotel last week and it was a joyous occasion. The setting was good; the rooms were comfortable; the bride and groom had a luxurious suite with a four poster bed. Twenty rooms were reserved for wedding guests at special rates. The attached gym and spa were used by the guests who stayed on
The food was good. Outside catering is also now allowed. We had five toddlers at the reception - highchairs and children's fare were provided with no problem.
The staff are friendly and always willing to help out.
The wedding coordinator was excellent - courteous, prompt and very thorough and nothing was too much trouble. It was a pleasure planning the reception!
All in all we had a wonderful day in a very pleasant hotel.

2 Thank gayatr333i
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your latest review and to see that you have had such a joyful occasion at Hellaby Hall and that all aspects and expectations of your wedding day were delivered. I am glad to see that all your guests have enjoyed our leisure club facilities and found all there rooms to meet their expectations.
I am pleased you found our wedding coordinator to be efficient and well organized and courteous. We at Hellaby Hall always strive to deliver excellent service, the team and I look forward to your next visit
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

First time visiting this hotel for sunday lunch and we certainly won't be back. The selection was appalling, very little options, 3 vegeatbles to chose on the carvery, only roast potatoes available and the gravy was like water.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karly M
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Sir

It is with regret that I read your latest review regarding Sunday lunch. I am sorry that you felt that the vegetable were not up to your liking however we do offer four different types of vegetables.
We at Hellaby Hall strive to achieve excellent service and we have recently been awarded an AA rosette for food excellence. I hope that upon reflection you would choose to try Hellaby Hall again.

Travellers are raving about these Hellaby hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Absolutely amazing ,one of the best hotel we have stayed at, we stayed in the barn conversion, room excellent. Food was very high standard although limited for a child, but staff provided ideal food off a bar menu. real value for money especially as we used a wowcher deal.

Dear Ms

It is with great pleasure that I read your recent review concerning Hellaby Hall and I am delighted to see that you have found the stay to be “Amazing”. I am glad that you found our recently renovated bedrooms to be of high standards, it is great to see that the team was able to offer you some menu alternatives to meet your child’s needs, we at Hellaby Hall look forward to your next stay with us.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Some friends had their wedding here, and we booked rooms to attend. The hotel is lovely, although it's a little odd arriving through an industrial estate only to then find yourself in such a lovely setting as the hotel's grounds offer.

Service was lovely - the staff are really helpful. We had some food in the bar upon arrival which was really tasty and good value for money. The wedding reception was great - lovely function room overlooking the grounds, and given this was August it was nice to mill about outside. The fireworks display was great.

Breakfast was really tasty, although it took a while to replenish some of the items when the restaurant became very busy.

Overall, a really nice stay and a great event.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SalM007
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear that you have had a great time at Hellaby Hall, I am very happy to see you have sampled our food offerings in the bar and at your friends wedding finding it to be really tasty, it is a pleasure seeing guest appreciate the grounds we offer.
My team and I hope to welcome you back to Hellaby Hall were I highly recommend you try our newly awarded AA rosette Carnelly restaurant.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hellaby
BEST WESTERN PLUS Aston Hall Hotel
Ibis Rotherham East
#2 of 15 in Rotherham
Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel

Been to Hellaby Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!