“Very nice”

The Carnelly Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hellaby
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The food was very nice, tasty, well presented. The staff very helpful and pleasant , always willing to 'ask chef'. Room was very nice, tables well laid. It is expensive as you would expect from a hotel and the drinks bill is high. Nevertheless if you can afford it, great.

1  Thank Elaine C
There are newer reviews for The Carnelly Restaurant

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Brilliant friendly service, stunning setting and decoration,fabulous afternoon tea with cakes, dainty sandwiches and champagne - a truly wonderful experience which left us all feeling very spoilt

1  Thank Sally C
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We went to the Carnelly Restaurant at Hellaby Hall with a Groupon voucher, and we didn't have particularly high hopes, even though we have sometimes impossibly high standards. The meal was absolutely amazing, we had fish cakes which were beautifully fresh, followed by gnocchi for me and a beef roast for my husband; both superb. However the highlight of the meal for us were the puddings, we chose vanilla cheesecake and I've never tasted anything as delicious at a restaurant . We had a large glass of red (and by large I mean "bucket") included in the deal. The staff couldn't do enough for us and we had such a fab afternoon.
We were told that Hellaby Hall had just hired a new Chef, so please near this review in mind when you read the older reviews below which may now be defunct due to this exciting change of staff.
Well done Hellaby Hall, you're on again up there with Aston Hall and the Sheffield restaurants.

1  Thank Valhallababy
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Enjoyed a lovely 3 course meal in the carnelly restaurant at hellaby hall hotel lovely suroundings too and excellent staff would definately reccomend for a special meal we stayed in the hotel too so no taxis or driving well worth a visit

2  Thank Tracey S
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We have just had our work Xmas party at Hellaby Hall, and we had heard many good things about the place so were looking forward to a good night. This was short lived!
I can honestly say that the food was quite possibly the worst I have ever had the misfortune of tasting. After the starter of Tesco value oxtail soup, came the most rediculous excuse for a Xmas dinner I have ever seen. It was a cross between hospital food and an inflight meal served by Ryan Air. The potatoes were practically raw, the gravy was lumpy, and I'm not sure what the turkey substitute was but it was very rubbery and fatty. Cheesecake was for desert, without a biscuit base, which I thought was very original, some may say it was a mousse, but I've had better tasting Angel Delights in my time so couldn't possibly class it as one. Overall we had a great night, but as you have guessed, the chef needs to go back to college sharpish.

2  Thank Christopher S