Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stow Cum Quy
Reviewed 14 December 2013

main rooms looked to be newly refurbished and very claen with a divine bed to rest in after a long drive. We were very pleased with the Hotel in general however the breakfast became a very slow process.

1  Thank Alan W
Tony M, General Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your positive review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and found the bed to be so comfortable!!! We are currently finishing a room refurbishment program which further enhances the excellent offering at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa. Breakfast is an area that we are re-launching in the new year, which will show a vastly improved service. Thank-you for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have been to many BW premises and apart from the Scores this is now my favourite. The location is great a lovely village is a short walk across the field and I did it in the dark so it is easy. In the village are two pubs well one is more a restaurant,they were both fine. The hotel has some good beer and a very nice Adnams single malt. I had a very nice steak and they knocked me up some onion rings to boot because I didn't want chips. The staff were brilliant the leisure facilities very good and breakfast was fine albeit like many hotels the sausages were not cooked enough for me but they sorted that as well. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Tony M, General Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and even more delighted to hear you thought the staff were excellent. We pride ourselves in the service we offer and it is very pleasing to hear when someone has experienced a great level of service from our team. Thank-you once again, and I have pleasure in passing your comments on to the team at Quy Mill and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Staff were extremely helpful and generous when things went wrong (eg. slight delay on food due to understaffing so they put our drinks on the house). Very polite staff, lovely lovely room, so quiet and warm, and excellent comfy bed. Also the restaurant had great food.

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your excellent review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the staff were able to effectively resolve any minor niggles during your stay. We pride ourselves in the food we offer in the award winning Mill House Restaurant, and I will certainly pass your comments on to the Chef and his team. Thank-you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The room was warm (but not too warm), well put together and nicely styled and not over fussy - perfect. The room had great facilities and a very comfortable bed. Attention to detail was very good - It almost felt like home and once I got comfortable it was difficult to leave the room for the party. It all feels very welcoming and it is a relatively peaceful location considering it is within a stone's throw of the A14. The grounds were well manicured and the walk around them was nice if slightly noisy due to the A14 again.

Unfortunately I did not have time to try the extensive facilities, but all the staff were very kind, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times.

A good quality compact choice of breakfast dishes cereals, toasts, cakes and fruits and juices
and a help yourself style hot plate cooked breakfast.
**A tip: You can order a full hot breakfast from the kitchen by asking one of the members of the roving breakfast room staff.

Overall a nice stay. Maybe slightly overpriced but I would certainly stay there again for an event.

Room Tip: If there are parties going on; Room 21 does seem to catch the music from the Waterwheel event rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Tony M, General Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for posting an excellent review of Quy Mill. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your room, staff and grounds. As you say, we are a very peaceful retreat with the added benefit of being very easily accessible to the A14 and Cambridge City Centre. We pride ourselves in the level of service and the welcoming nature of our staff, and also pleased to receive such feedback for them all. Thank-you once again, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Cambridge Quy Mill Hotel & Spa in the very near future, and then you certainly must try the truly excellent Spa facilities here!!!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Appalling breakfast for the amount you pay for the hotel. Room was nice but dated and noisy. JAcuzzi bath and bath robes were the best bit! I wont be staying here again and wont be recommending it to family friends or colleagues.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Tony M, General Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for posting your comments. I was disappointed to hear there were aspects of your stay which you were not happy with. Had any of these issues been addressed whilst you were at the Hotel, we would have been delighted to resolve these and thus make your stay enjoyable all round. We are currently refurbishing our bedrooms to update and enhance the overall standard of the offering at Quy Mill. We are also launching our new breakfast in January, which will focus on a quality locally sourced offering.
Thank-you for your comments, such feedback is a valuable way for us to monitor and improve our operation as necessary, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Quy Mill in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here for a reunion and wanted a relaxing place to stay, eat and drink. The positives for this hotel was the room we stayed in was wonderful, I think it was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel. It really was a lovely room, a good temperature, and tastefully decorated. We ate in the lounge, the food was nice and I'd eat there again. The bar staff were friendly and it was a relaxing place to eat and drink. It is also a peaceful location with plenty of parking, the rooms and the buildings were very clean.

There were only two negatives. Breakfast was average especially considering the price, there was not much variety. I couldn't see that there were any baked beans, I love baked beans with an english breakfast so that was disappointing.

What marred the experience somewhat was the hotel tried to charge us again for our evening meal. When we informed them we had paid we got the impression that they did not believe us which was a bit upsetting. Turned out we had been given the wrong bill by the waiter and had paid somebody else's dining bill! A big lesson for us that we should check the bill a bit more closely as no one in our group noticed, however it should not have happened in the first place.

I would return to this hotel because I would like to have tried the spa facilities and I think it is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tel77C
Tony M, General Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa. I am particularly pleased to hear you thought the room was of excellent quality, cleanliness and comfort.
In respect to your comments regarding the inaccurate bill, please accept my apologies for this and this certainly gives me an area for us to focus on to avoid any such repeat. Breakfast, again is something we are currently working on, where we aim to further enhance the product choice for our guests.
Thank-you for your comments, such feedback is a valuable way for us to monitor and improve our operation as necessary. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Booked two nights here as working in the area. Hotel appears to have been recently renovated. So the room was spotless and very nice. The bar food is ok. But the breakfast is excellent. I will visit again but will try to book much earlier to get a better price.

It's very near the A14 but you can't hear it at the hotel so was very peaceful night.

Some nice touches like you have full control of the air con unit

As for bed comfort I can only give it 2 out of 5. A bit hard for me.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your positive review, and delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. As you have mentioned, we are currently in the process of refurbishing our bedrooms, which is due to be completed early 2014 and thus some of the older, harder beds which remain, will be replaced with a very luxurious, soft and comfortable version. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed breakfast and dinner, and as you mention, we are in very close proximity to the A14, and such, Quy Mill is an ideal place to rest or even just call in for a coffee and chat in the lounge!!
Thank-you once again for your positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future, perhaps for a leisure break this time!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow Cum Quy
Hotel Felix
Hotel Felix
#9 of 36 in Cambridge
Hilton Cambridge City Centre

Been to Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!