Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection
Oakley Lodge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$120
Premier Inn Cambridge City East Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$123
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$68
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Sorrento Hotel(Cambridge)
US$195
US$176
Ibis Cambridge Central Station(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$278
US$143
bedfinder
  • Restaurant
All reviewsquy millwater millmain buildingjacuzzi bathafternoon teaconverted barnbar menuanglesey abbeyfour posterpark and ridelovely hotelwedding partysuperior roomleisure facilitiesno liftsconesminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend came for dinner. We both ordered just a main as the atmosphere was non existent. My friend is gluten and dairy free which we let the waitress know. She came back with some lovely bread and some gluten free bread for my friend which he thought it was fantastic. we received an amuse Bouche each much to our surprise, both were amazing. so tasty. We commented on the fact we should have ordered starters, Along came the mains, my friends was minimal no effort to add anything to make his more exciting just removed the bits he couldn't eat! Mine was luke warm at best!! Sent it back and it returned one degree warmer and fairly tasteless! We we're charged full price for the meal which was way below what I was expecting from a 2 rosette restaurant. I Certainly won't be returning and suggest you don't!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Tony M, General Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your review regarding your recent visit for dinner at Quy Mill. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed some aspects of your meal, namely the quality of bread and the amuse bouche, both of which are homemade by our Chef's and served complimentary to all our diner guests. I note, that you only sampled our main course, which you have highlighted as being slightly under-par. I have addressed this with the Head Chef, to ensure such lapses do not occur again, and can assure you that this is not the normal standard at Quy Mill. We regularly receive excellent feedback on all our food elements.
In terms of the atmosphere, I was surprised to read your comments. The lights are dimmed, evening Jazz music plays in the background, candles and fresh flowers on each table with a nice warm log fire burning each evening. However, we will review this to ensure we have done everything possible to create that perfect atmosphere.
Thank-you once again for your positive and negative comments, such feedback is a valuable way for us to monitor and improve our operation as necessary.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I spent one night in this hotel and found it really charming, it is a beautiful old house in the English countryside and it offers a very good restaurant and very good bar serving food too, a big spa with jacuzzi, sauna, steam and pool.

The rooms are really making you feel welcome, what a big change compared to the chains of business hotels!

The bathroom was brand new with a big shower and electrical towel dryer.

If you have a car/taxi or on the contrary you do not plan to leave the hotel, go for it. Your sleep quality will be excellent. If you look for noisy life around with pubs, restaurants and shops, then choose a different place in downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Tony M, General Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for such a positive review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us!! As you mentioned, we have recently refurbished our bathrooms and are currently finishing off the refurbishment of the rooms. These have changed our offering considerably and improved our guest experience for all. Thank-you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

From the moment we arrived and were greeted and checked in by Elaine we realised this was something special.

Room, pool, Imagine leisure area all fantastic. We ate in the hotel and quite frankly had the best steaks in 20 years at least.

The bar manager was superb as were all the staff throughout the evening and again at breakfast. The fresh locally sourced produce was excellent and every area throughout the hotel was spotless. We will definitely be returning hopefully when the better weather arrives to enjoy the beautiful gardens (even at this time of year they were stunning). Thanks to all there and Best Western should be justifiably proud of this venue.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms in the main hotel are gorgeous and very peaceful, if you're lucky and it's a quiet time of year you might get Room 1 - stupendous we wanted to move in permanently.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your excellent review, we are all delighted to read your stay was so enjoyable. I have passed your comments to Elaine and our Bar Manager, which is always a pleasure to do! It was good to here that you enjoyed our new breakfast with its new theme of 'locally sourced, freshly prepared' which has dramatically improved our breakfast offering at Quy Mill. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future for another enjoyable stay, hopefully when the weather is better!!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a hotel in the Cambridge area for a New Years break and we found this absolute gem.
All the staff we met were so polite and helpful and it was nice to see the General Manager walking around and getting involved.
It has a gorgeous pool and spa are with lots of different treatment rooms and a good size gym.
I would recommend this hotel whole heartedly the room was just beautiful, some hotel rooms I have stayed in before I have just seen as somewhere to put head down but this room had a big homely feel and the facitlites in it could not be faulted.
I am looking forward to returning and again I would highly recommend this hotel it was all round brilliant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your excellent review. We are all delighted to read such comments and really pleased you enjoyed a relaxing break away from it all at Quy Mill!! Our business is all about ensuring our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay whether it is business or pleasure. We all very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and thank-you once again for your excellent comments.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We tried to book a room at the Quy Mill for a wake following a funeral. We were quoted a price for the room and a price per head for a finger buffet. When we went in person to confirm details, these prices had been changed - and drastically. When we queried the contents of the buffet the manager seemed to have no idea of the cost of a cup of tea or coffee, or a piece of cake, or a sandwich. No apology was offered, nor was there an offer to meet us halfway (and remember this was a funeral wake!). The following day we phoned to clarify the situation, only to be shrugged off, again without an apology, most rudely. We then rang to speak to the manager, who has been permanently in meetings (?). We left our number, but he has declined to call back.
Think twice before you consider using this hotel based on the Best Western reputation. It is best at nothing; I am surprised that Best Western endorses this establishment. I am surprised that BW does not check staff training, or at the very least their common decency and politeness. It is appalling to think that this kind of behaviour is considered acceptable in this country.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Tony M, General Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Mrs Neill,
Thank-you for your comments. Having had a long conversation with you this morning, I have had the opportunity to investigate your comments fully. I can confirm that there were several different prices quoted due to 2 different people enquiring about 2 completely different buffet offerings, and at each stage asking to add further items on. Each quote was based on differing items, by different people. The increase in price on the quote was due to your sister requesting further items. Once quoted, it was decided by you to revert back to the original buffet selection. I am somewhat surprised at the choice of wording "restaurant quality", as your comments have nothing to do with our restaurant.
Please do accept my apologies once again for any confusion over prices quoted and buffet content.