“Lovely welcome, comfortable room BUT...”
Review of The Missing Sock

and 1 more site!
The Missing Sock
Ranked #1 of 1 Stow Cum Quy B&B and Inns
lancashire
“Lovely welcome, comfortable room BUT...”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very friendly and welcoming staff and the room was very clean and comfortable. Although very small double and no mattress protector (not good). The problem with this room is that the room opens directly on to the outdoors, in this case onto the car park facing two parallel main roads so it was quite noisy and as a woman staying alone I really didn't feel secure. (Amazing how many serial killers turned out to be lorry drivers, I'm just saying...) After a very long drive the restaurant, which according to the website should have been open, wasn't. Also the 'continental breakfast' was a tray in the room with boxes of cornflakes. I paid £65 for this room but I think given that there was no possibility of eating there, no breakfast provided and the situation of the bedroom, this was too much. The other problem was that because the room is on the car park, the windows were high up, well above head height. So I felt somewhat claustrophobic.
Whilst the owners could improve the breakfast offering or charge for room only, I don't think much can be done about where the room is situated. Shower hot and powerful, tv remote actually had working batteries (!!!) good wardrobe space, lighting, plenty of power points and wifi, so the room is well considered.
I don't think the Missing Sock could improve on welcome and efficiency. This was also easy to find from the A14.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank liz055

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We would like to say a big Thank You to Hugh, Adi, Chris and the whole team at the Missing Sock for hosting our wedding reception. We had a fantastic time and appreciated that everyone in the team went the extra mile to make this reception and extraordinary event. All our friends and family from the UK, Nigeria, Trinidad, Cyprus and Germany were stunned what a beautiful, creative and buzzing location the Missing Sock was - but most of all praised the work of the team and the food. We suggested Greek, German, African and salsa dancing - no problem. We wanted a salsa live band - no problem. We suggested games and a pitfire with toasted marshmallows - no problem. We wanted to use the bus as the bar - no problem. We wanted to rent some of the chalets - no problem. We suggested they cook our Greek and German recipes - no problem. And so on and so forth. Big thanks from all of us, most of all from my wife Eleni and myself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Udoka O
Goole, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My family and I have just had the most amazing experience ever, from the moment we walked through the door everyone was so welcoming and friendly.The place itself was so unusual and quirky, I couldn't wait to get my camera out and start taking photos, every where you go there is a surprise waiting round the corner, the most interesting place I have ever seen.Our rooms were so clean and the breakfast assortment was wonderful.The food was first class, We would like to thank everyone for making us feel welcome and for giving my son and his wife the best reception they could have ever dreamt of, it was truly wonderful, thank you one and all, Sheila Goodchild.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheila G
Brandon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My partner and I went to the Missing Sock on 09/02/2013 just to meet my Dad for a few drinks, hoping to have some dinner in the evening, we are both in our early twenties and my Dad is in his forties. (Not sure if you need to know that but it might help!)

I have never experience such a warm and welcoming environment, even in pubs I have classed as regulars. THIS is what a pub experience should be like. The staff were all really lovely, this is not the type of place to turn you away at closing time. They even took our food orders 1/2 hour before the start of serving time and the food came out quickly but was absolutely beautiful, and you could tell it had been freshly prepared.

It has an interesting menu and the place in itself is pretty amazing. The decor is comfortable and warm, yet interesting without being overwhelming. The gardens are beautiful and look like the perfect place to chill out on a summers day. I don't know what it is like as a B&B as we didn't stay the night. Also just to mention it seems very family friendly, when we arrived there were a few families there and there was entertainment for the children.

I don't want to sound over the top but today has been one of the most enjoyable days I have had in a while, and that is due to the wonderful time I have had! Thank you so much to the staff, especially Christopher for making our visit so enjoyable! My Dad is hoping to organise a birthday evening there soon.

I cannot wait to return to The Missing Sock and wished i lived closer so could frequent it more often!

In short - Go there ASAP.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Hotel Felix
#9 of 36 in Cambridge
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park

Been to The Missing Sock? Share your experiences!