“A good place to visit”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A good place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Excellent and informative flying displays of Owls, Eagles and Hawks
very worth while visit for all the family and all ages. Good commentaries during flying displays and perfectly safe for adults and children

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The shows are amazing!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I never realised how much of a fan of falconry I was til I went here! The shows are great, really informative and fun to watch, the man who we watched do the shows really knows his stuff and keeps the audience interested!
Childs play area is fantastic. Nice cafe, good gift shop.
The tractor ride is quite short and not as enjoyable for my son as I thought it may have been as not alot for him to see, and even if there was it's hard for kids to see over the side unless they stand on your lap, it's more of a tour in a field but still it was fun!

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great falconry attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you only go to one falconry display while on the Isle of Wight forget the over hyped Robin Hill and go to this great centre! Three fantastic flying displays (indoors if wet) of about 45 minutes with a really informative commentary put over with a sense of humour. There was also a tractor/trailer ride (free) round the estate. The only downside was their café which had a rather limited menu.

London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went on the last day of June and both myself and my wife had an enjoyable visit and will be back once the new attractions have been finished

Visited June 2014
UK
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Great day out, if you stay for the shows”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

In order to get the most out of falconry and bird of prey centres you really need to go to the shows, otherwise you will probably find yourself wondering why you paid £7+ to walk around the whole place in 20 minutes.

Now fortunately this centre had three flying displays (approx 45 minutes each), which kept us entertained throughout most of the day. There was also an interactive animal encounter but we didnt go to this as it seemed to really just about holding rabbits, etc. Probably great for the kiddies but didnt really interest us.

I really like the way they did their shows, with the birds almost continously in flight. They also seemed to be fairly well behaved too, which isnt something I can say for all places!

If I had to be picky I would have liked the eagle seating area to be facing the stone wall so that when you took photos you didnt get the cages/avaries in the background, and the owl display area was quite dark. OK thats really for the benefit of the owls so I guess I should really moan, its just frustrating from a photography point of view.

As someone else method mentioned, not really wheelchair accessible as most of the path was gravel, and one of the flying areas was up a little hill.

The cafe was quite basic but the food was nicely prepared and all the staff were friendly and courteous.

Admission to the house was included, but in this respect I felt a little let down. Probably my own fault really for not researching it better, but in actuality this house is just an empty shell. The front looks like a house you would expect someone to be living in, but its just a facade. Behind this are just walls with no roof. It was actually quite sad in a way to see what had obviously been a beautiful place gone to ruin.

So in summary, if you like birds of prey and plan to stay for the shows then you should enjoy yourself. For me, I loved it.

Visited June 2014