“Intend to return ”
Review of The Boarding House

The Boarding House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boarding House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Howwood
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were taken to the Boarding House by a friend and we were very glad to be introduced to this restaurant. The layout is attractive, the menu sufficiently varied and the quality of the food was pleasing. The attentiveness and helpfulness of the staff was outstanding.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Waited so long to try this place and finally did for my birthday 10 of us booked. We asked about a menu when we booked but were told this changes each Saturday so we didn't know until that night what was on offer. Most of us got the duck and vegs. The Duck wasn't really anything special quite tasteless and the vegs quite hard. cost £14. I have uploaded photos.

Restaurant very modern and classy looking.

2  Thank MDX16
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Booked a table at another restaurant but they failed to honour that booking. Went to the Boarding House in Howwood to see if they could accommodate the 5 of us, and after 5 minutes of moving tables and bending over backwards they gave us a table and served us an exceptional meal.
I cannot praise the staff and the food highly enough and the service was second to none.
This restaurant will now become my go to place locally.
Excellent food, service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely restaurant, the food was exceptional, I really enjoyed it so did our party of 4 adults and 2 children. We all had the set menu which is excellent value. The place is very modern and staff friendly.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Took my husband and 2 kids here after I attended a family lunch the month before. Restaurant is lovely, staff friendly and nice atmosphere. Ordered the fish n chips, burger n chips and both children had burger n chips too and they were all lovely. Portions are huge tho! One wee thing-bring back the old 'L' shaped chips!