“So-So!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Howwood
Erskine, United Kingdom
“So-So!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I purchased an itison deal for a spa day & afternoon tea with a glass of bubbly. My mum and I came along nice and early and had intended on making good use of the spa facilities before our afternoon tea which was booked for 1pm. When I had phoned to book the day I was told that robes, slippers and towels would be included - however we were not given any and were told that we had to pay. Just as well I had packed a towel anyway.

Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were all fab - absolutely no faults there! However, we were unable to use the swimming pool upon arrival as there were swimming lessons on. We were never told about this when booking, the woman had told us to come along at any time and there wouldnt be a problem. The lesson instructor then free'd up a lane for people to swim in.

Afternoon tea and bubbly was delicious, everything was fresh that day and plenty for us both.

Had a nice day, but probably wouldnt return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Abbie-Rose S
bowfieldhotel, General Manager at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your visit.

The package you reserved did not include robes and slippers, we apologise for any miss-communication regarding this discounted offer.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your day and made use of all our facilities, the pool should always be roped off to ensure access is available for all and we shall address this with our instructors.

I do hope you would return to enjoy another spa day at Bowfield, please contact us direct for the best available deals.

Craig Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Had a groupon voucher for afternoon tea & use of spa facilities. My daughter & I had a lovely day. Afternoon tea was delish, nice & fresh and just enough for 2. Spa facilities were good. We would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments, we certainly hope to welcome you back soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

booked a deal for two with an overnight stay, breakfast and spa treatment. We found the stay very enjoyable and although aspects of the hotel are old it fits into the look of the hotel. Certainly there are areas that need upgrading but overall for what we paid we had no complaints. The massage was lovely although my friend and I would have preferred to have our treatments at the same but this was unavoidable as a therapist was sick. The spa was nice although a big disappointment was the jacuzzi wasn't working. As we were talking to the hotel staff the day before this could have been mentioned. The evening meal and breakfast were lovely. There was no bar opened in the evening which was inconvenient. I would return for the price I paid but not full price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hendy1970
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay. As I think you are aware we are beginning a period of development and your comments shall certainly be considered as part of this process. I am sorry that you were unable to use our Jacuzzi, but assure you of it's full operation now.

I am unsure of your comment regarding a bar being open, our bar is open from 11am to late every day.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, this is vital for our continued development.

Renfrewshire
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We enjoyed a deal at the Bowfield last week!! The day started with use of the spa, on reflection we should have waited until the kids returned to school!! The steam room was enjoyable however the jacuzzi was out of order which we were not advised about on booking!! We then went to have afternoon tea and what a delight that was!! A full pot of coffee and a cake stand each, with delicious sandwiches, homemade cakes, shortbread, strawberry tarts and the largest scone I've ever seen!! Oh nearly forgot the nice chilled glass of bubbly too!!! The service was excellent, served by a lovely young man who checked back that everything was ok, then came back and asked if we required anything else!!! We will definately go back and enjoy the afternoon tea again!!! Well done Bowfield.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind comments, they are very much appreciated by all. I am soory that you did not get use of our Jacuzzi, but assure you this is all in operation now.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Booked a spa day for myself and my friend through Groupon.

Was told in one email that towels would be provided, told in another that they wouldn't be provided but that we could rent them for £1 then on the day I phoned and was told to bring my own!

I was also told in an email that the back, neck and shoulders massage was £28 but I was charged £29 on the day!

While my friend and I were waiting to go in the swimming pool we watched a staff member scrub the floor up the side of the swimming pool with a brush then he scooped up water from the swimming pool and threw it over the floor he had just scrubbed and the same water all ran back into the swimming pool!

Being completely disgusted with this we decided not to bother using the pool!

• Stayed July 2014
bowfieldhotel, General Manager at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for your comments following your recent visit.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment you experienced during your visit.

I can confirm that we do indeed offer towels, however the package you describe which you have not bought direct from Bowfield Hotel & Country Club does not include towels. These can be hired on the day.

Our swimming pool is tested every 2 hours to ensure we maintain the extremely high cleanliness and safety standards we set for ourselves. This is also tested by an external independent company.

We are currently refurbishing and introducing new changing facilities and we aim to maintain the highest of standards during this period.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope you will return to Bowfield in the future.

Yours sincerely

Craig Stewart

Travellers are raving about these Howwood hotels

ayrshire scotland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Afternoon tea very disappointing with bread which was far from fresh with scanty filling and two little cakes one a mince pie ? in June !! and the other a tiny piece of shortbread A mediocre scone with a timy portion of jam and cream accompanied Thank goodness for the spa If I had bought this deeal without using the spa after it I would have been most annoyed The spa was very good although the spa bath a touch warm Would definitely return for use of leisure facilities

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackie t
bowfieldhotel, General Manager at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment with your afternoon tea recently. I assure you our Head Chef shall be taking action following your visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your treatments and facilities and our team are very grateful for your comments.

I do hope that you will return to Bowfield Hotel & Country Club in the future.

Yours sincerely

Stewarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just back from spending the weekend which included a spa treatment (from itison) and it was bliss! From the moment we entered the hotel the staff were helpful and attentive which continued to the lounge bar where we got an afternoon tea and later dinner. The food is delicious and reasonable priced. The spa area is lovely and the girls are very good at the treatments, i upgraded to an hour long full body massage and my friend got an hour long facial, fantastic! Would definitely go again.. soon!

Room Tip: The rooms are clean and the bathroom is a great size. The decor in the rooms are dated but in good...