“Not bad for £10”
Review of Beancross Hotel

Beancross Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Polmont
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We've visited here a few times, but recently went back for a Saturday evening dinner, as it is pretty good value for money. However, beware!
The shorter gentleman who works in the restaurant, is lacking somewhat in charisma and customer service. Our first visit here a few months ago was met with a "What you wantin" when he came to take the order, and any requests for additional drinks or condiments are usually met with a sigh and a fairly abrupt response. I don't think he's rude, just not as charming as I would expect from a restaurant. I guess you get what you pay for, but I've had pleasanter serving experiences in MacDonalds
That aside the rest of the staff are very attentive and pleasant.
The food is average, and does tend to be swimming in grease, including the chips which may actually once have been potatoes, but have since drowned in oil. The service is fast, but then if you are trying to turn over as many portions of £10 dinners, you can see why. It's a little better than the generic Beafeater and motorway service stations, but certainly noting to write home about other than the value for money, which is pretty unbeatable.
Still, we will be back as it's often nicer than having to wash the dishes.....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had a lovely meal and we spent the night at the Hotel. The place is really nice and cozy, the staff were very nice and helpful. I would have lost my camera if was not for a member of the staff that kept it for me until (realizing what I had left behind) I have returned to the restaurant.
The Food was delicious and very good portions.In the restaurant there is a warm n friendly atmosphere. The room was spacious, clean, included Sat. and Wi-Fi...what else would u ask for?
Very good value for money in comparison with other hotels in the area.
We will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel D
Reviewed 1 January 2014

During this last year I've had to stay in the Grangemouth area several times. During my lat visit I stayed at the Beancross. Hotel was ok the food was ok however in the morning when I went down for breakfast I found the staff locked out, as the key holder hadn't arrived. I waiting as long as I could before having to go to my meeting, thus missing the breakfast I'd already paid for. When I contacted the hotel later that day to check my booking out and ensure I received a copy of the bill I found that I'd paid for breakfast. I obviously complained, as it was not my fault, unfortunately the hotel management decided that I had to pay for the meal. Hence I will not stay there again and will adieu any person looking for accommodation to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: Don't pay for anything upfront, you might not get it - see full review..
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stay not to far from beancross. Was there for a family meal years ago I was abit disappointed with the service food was delicious so thought that I would try it again. Well the service has got betterand the food is just the same delicious

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had our wedding here in October and can not thank the staff enough for such an amazing day from start to finish. Lynn was great with helping with the preparations before hand and her and all staff on the day worked tirelessly. The food was great and the setting was perfect. Our family and friends all had a great day. Food at breakfast good as was service thanks also to Charlie for the amazing cocktails us girls loved them.

Room Tip: Honeymoon room beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank smokieFalkirk
Reviewed 1 October 2013

we got married on the 31st of august this yearand we cant thank lynn and her staff enough for helping to make our day amazing.
from the service to the reception to the evening the staff at beancross were brilliant and the guy that was mc was wonderful with us.
the food was brilliantly prepared,the prices at the bar were,nt inflated(unlike some hotels nearby)
the whole day went brilliantly thanks to the beancross.
if you are thinking of having your wedding here I wouldn't hesitate.

Room Tip: all rooms are large and roomy
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Last minute booking for one night (£75) in Room 1; so not expensive. Arrived to see wedding in full swing. We were leaving early 5.30am but function room immediately below all bedrooms. Oh god the noise was unbelievable until 2am and then the shouting started...

Young lady who welcomed us was very nice and even prepared sandwiches for us as we would be leaving before breakfast. Full marks for that.

This is really a restaurant and function suite with rooms and not a hotel but had it would have suited us perfectly had it not been for the wedding noise.

So you have been warned. The Beancross won't...

Room Tip: Check if there is going to be a function on the evenings you are intending to stay. If there is don...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polmont
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Grange Manor
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth
Best Western Park Hotel
Premier Inn Falkirk East Hotel

Been to Beancross Hotel? Share your experiences!