“Anniversary Meal”

Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Polmont
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Friendly local pub with a busy lounge bar. Great food and fabulous sports events broadcast live.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband treated me for my wedding anniversary I had beef satay for starters then stroganoff all very tasty excellent portions in fact I had no room for a dessert much to my dismay but next time I'll have a main meal and a dessert so not to miss out,service was quick and efficient, staff were very helpful and pleasant.Prices on par with other restaurants in area.
Looking forward to my return visit

Black B, Manager at The Black Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

hello Julie thanks for the kind review of the black bull we are glad we made your anniversary dinner a memorable one. Next time leave room for a pudding.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Popped in for dinner and had a fantastic meal. The menu was full of interesting choices and my mini haggis in a whisky sauce was sublime.
Main courses of a 10oz Black Bull Burger with blackpudding inside it was excellent as was the cajun chicken. Also came with proper chips and was fresh,
Dessert was excellent and in total three courses plus three rounds of drinks was under sixty pound.
The service was also very good

1  Thank hmfc190512

hello and thank you very much for taking the time to review the Black Bull we are glad you enjoyed your dinner and will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was in here with the family when we were on a day out. The portions were quite generous and the food was tasty. I had the Black Bull burger and it's really worth a try. I hope to return soon as we were well looked after.

1  Thank caloomba
Black B, Manager at The Black Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Hello and thank you very much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our burgers, they are one of the most popular dishes. Look forward to you visiting again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Popped in here 2 weeks ago after hearing and reading rave reviews of the place . I tried the Black Bull burger with black pudding, I would say it was fair to good . What i did take exception to was being asked to pay extra for cheese or onion on my burger also No relish available & sauces available at extra cost . A wee lesson here guys when charging nearly £9 for a burger and a small handful of chips i don't expect to pay an extra £1.50 for onions and cheese. My wife had Stroganoff and said it was quite enjoyable. Service was quick and staff helpful and polite. At the end of the day its pub grub nothing overly fancy but at a premium price. I would probably go back as the couple next to us had fish n chips and that looked amazing.

Black B, Manager at The Black Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We have taken on board to what you have said and it has been noted. We look forward to you returning again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great local pub with a varied choice of menu with good food reasonably priced. Great atmosphere with friendly staff

Thank you for taking the time to review the Black Bull our fritters are very popular, glad you enjoyed them and we are looking forward to seeing you again.