“Consistently perfect.”

Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Polmont
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Friendly local pub with a busy lounge bar. Great food and fabulous sports events broadcast live.
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I are frequent visitors to The Black Bull, the food is consistently excellent and deliciously homemade, clearly using quality ingredients. Atmosphere is lovely, service is friendly and efficient, prices are very fair, and kids meals are of equal standard to main menu. You couldn't ask for more! The finest 'pub grub' in the area!

Black B, Manager at The Black Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

hello there, thanks for taking the time to reviewing the blackbull. We are glad you enjoy visiting it frequently and enjoy our service and food.

There are newer reviews for The Black Bull

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stopped in polmont to pick up some shopping on way to our hotel. Saw that this place was busy which is usually a good sign so popped in on the off chance and got the last table. Even though it was very busy the waitress was very good and took our order quickly. Lasagne lovely and the black bull burger fantastic, all beef and stuffed with black pudding. The home made chips were amazing. The lasagna was fresh and tasty not the usual reheats some restaurants serve. Good portions and reasonable price. Very enjoyable meal and made welcome by the staff, just what you need. I would thoroughly recommend this place and would advise if your nearby to look out and find this place. enjoy!

Black B, General Manager at The Black Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

hello and thank you for taking the time to review the black bull on trip advisor .
We are glad you enjoyed the service you received and the burgers are very popular favourite. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Had recommendation for Black Bull so was keen to give it a try for a recent family meal(6 people).
The place was busy which is usually a good sign! Service was polite and efficient. Starters arrived - they looked and tasted good. Everyone had different main courses and no-one was disappointed -all meals were very good. Well above normal pub grub!!Desserts on the other-hand were not so good-which is a shame. The rhubarb crumble did not resemble crumble texture in any form-but apparently it still tasted good. The sticky toffee pudding looked good and home-made but proved to be quite tasteless with a disgusting granulated sugar sauce on top. These were returned with relevant comments made but comments were ignored. I commented again when the bill was paid-nothing said! To be fair one was half eaten(with a struggle)-the other hardly touched-some acknowledgement of this would have been appreciated. The rest of the meal merited 5* but this spoiled it.

Black B, Franchise Owner at The Black Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Firstly I would like to thank you for all your comments good and bad and have spoken to the team about your experience. I agree that the desserts you received were know where near up to standard and can assure you it isn't normal practice for our chefs. It was probably more disappointing for me that your were charged for them and I hope you will give us a chance to rectify what should have been an overall 5 star experience for you and your family. If you book with us again please make yourself known to either myself (David) or my wife Brooke and we will make sure you are looked after and get an overall 5 star experience.

Kind Regards

David McAteer

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We called in on Saturday 5th April. We were a party of 6 and we ordered a variety of food from the menu. We were not disappointed, very well cooked food served by attentive staff. It has been a number of years since we last visited the Black Bull but it will not be the last. Thanks again.

Black B, Manager at The Black Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Hi and thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a great review on our service and food. We are looking forward to you returning again soon. Thanks again,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband treated me for my wedding anniversary I had beef satay for starters then stroganoff all very tasty excellent portions in fact I had no room for a dessert much to my dismay but next time I'll have a main meal and a dessert so not to miss out,service was quick and efficient, staff were very helpful and pleasant.Prices on par with other restaurants in area.
Looking forward to my return visit

Black B, Manager at The Black Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

hello Julie thanks for the kind review of the black bull we are glad we made your anniversary dinner a memorable one. Next time leave room for a pudding.