“Heavenly spa!”

Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Polmont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Just home after a great spa day with my two daughters who had splashed out for a birthday treat for me. On arrival we were shown round before being given slippers and robes. We then had a very relaxing 3 hours when we were able to use the pool, sauna and steam room. Lunch then followed which consisted of sandwiches, scones, cakes and glasses of bubbly- delicious! After that we all had a treatment of our choice. Am now feeling very relaxed and chilled. Staff were lovely. Fabulous day- can't fault it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank fraulyn
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Many thanks for your lovely comments: I will certainly be passing them on to the team members involved during your recent spa day with us here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

We at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa, are very passionate about our fantastic leisure and spa facilities, product and the high levels of service we provide to our guests.

Thank you again for your kind words. If you are planning to visit the spa and/or hotel again in the near future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Threadbare carpets and loose or broken fittings signal poor maintenance and the need for a major refurbishment. The hotel appears to be run on a shoe string, depending on the captive market of wedding parties and business travellers. BT broadband is available in the rooms but the signal is very poor signal and sensitive to location within the room.

The hot breakfast was good but the cold table disppointing, including the serving of budget orange juice on some days. The restaurant experience was disappointing with the Scottish Steak Club offerings being overpriced and falling far short of our expectations.

Room Tip: Avoid the classic rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichardandSara
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear RichardandSara,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa on Trip Advisor.

We have an ongoing maintenance programme, and on site maintenance who are continually updating and refurbishing the property. As you may have noticed we have completed a £4 million project on the fantastic leisure facilities, Scottish Steak Club restaurant and meeting and events space. As well as updating the soft furnishings and televisions within the bedrooms.

As part of our ongoing maintenance programme we are constantly updating the property. Please accept my apologies if your particular room was not up to the high standard of the rest of the hotel. I will pass your comments on to the maintenance team to investigate further, and action as soon as possible.

In a couple of weeks we will be offering FREE WiFi in all of our bedrooms and public areas, powered by the Cloud, a BSkyB Company. This will be a fantastic addition to the facilities we offer here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

I will certainly be passing on your comments to the Chef and F&B management team in reference to Scottish Steak Club dinner and breakfast. We supply freshly squeezed orange juice with breakfast everyday, and I will need to investigate why you state this wasn’t the case. Macdonald Hotels has won several awards for both our hot and cold breakfast offering, and we believe we offer a great selection on our cold buffet including 5 juices, 9 cereals, breads, cheeses and pastries, fruit whole and sliced, natural yoghurt, fruits of the Forest compote. To name but a free of the many items we offer on a daily basis.

Thank you once again for adding your feedback to Trip advisor. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or a member of the team if we can be of any further assistance.

Brett Ingle.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My fiance and 8 week old daughter stayed at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel for two nights as we were looking for a short break. This is the third Macdonald Hotel we have stayed at and the fourth we have visited and it does not fail to disappoint. We have chosen these hotels over others as we know we are guaranteed quality service and fantastic food! And the Spa treatments and pool/steam/sauna rooms are brilliant. We stayed in a deluxe room and loved the spaciousness of the room and the bathroom. Lovely complimentary toiletries from Aran Aromatics and the quality of the fixtures and fittings are of a high quality. There was also complimentary bathrobes and slippers. On arrival, we received a complimentary bottle of red wine, cream tea and a £10 money off voucher as part of our deal by booking direct. The staff are always polite, friendly and more than happy to accommodate your needs. Our room was over 26 degrees so we asked for a fan to keep us and our baby daughter cool and this was not a problem. We always have a great time when we visit these hotels and we are hoping to visit all Macdonald Hotels in Scotland eventually. The only negative was our view from out of the window looked down onto the roof of the spa. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room as they are more spacious than the Classic Double!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Maggie B,

On behalf of my whole team here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa, thank you for taking the time to write such great feedback on the hotel.

We, as a team take great pride in the service that we deliver.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so that I may find a way to further enhance your next stay with us.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just spent an overnight here for my birthday, we bought the special offer of B&B, 2x30min spa treatmeants and upgraded to executive room, cost £147 for 1 night. Room wasnt ready on arrival altho check in was from 2pm (we arrived at 5 past 2) we only waited 10mins in reception, receptionist was lovely and very cheery! When we got to our room it wasnt anything special, we booked king bed but got 2 singles pushed together (pet hate) bathroom was clean but starting to mould around bath. We spent the day at the spa and had treatments which were amazing, spa is beautiful and staff are great. Dinner in the restaurant was really nice altho £5.15 for a half pint of orange & lemonade is shocking! We really enjoyed our stay but really dont think it was worth what we paid, ive stayed in cheaper hotels that cost much less, cant fault the staff tho they were great!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank MissLewis

Dear MissLewis,

Thank you for posting you recent review of the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

I will pass on your comments to the team members involved.

I have also asked our Operations Manager to review the prices of our soft drink offerings; in particularly the ones that are made up of several bottles of mixers.

The level of service we deliver at the hotel is of a high standard, and I was certainly pleased to read your positive comments on the team members and the award winning spa facilities we offer.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and spa in the near future, or indeed one of our other Macdonald Hotels or Resorts.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

The worst customer service I have EVER recieved. Its not until you want to complain about how incompetent the staff at this hotel are. I booked an advance purchace , macdonalds terms and conditions are this means you must pay for your booking up front. So I did this by providing my details for the payment. After booking the room macdonald told me what I booked wasnt actually what I was getting as it was wrongly advertised through booking.com. Booking.com did advised this was macdonalds error. As the room was an advanced booking and I had already paid I had to either loose my money or make the best of a bad booking. Now this room was booked in Feburary for the end of July for my daughters wedding. When we arrived I checked with the receptionist all was paid and above board ,she advised it was. We arrived in our room with a put up bed for our younger daughter. This was meant to be a full sized single bed this was the part that was wrongly advertised ! So we thought we woild make the best of it. Now after paying 245 for tge room I didnt expect a cracked sink and a fridge/ cooler that warmed drinks rather than chill them.
We were all set to leave and went to hand the room key in only to be shouted back by another receptionist ti say ohh your card was declined you have a bill to pay !!!! Really infront of a reception full of people !!! I questioened rhe receptionist about this and she said we had to pay again. To save embarrasment I did, bless her she did say if it was an error I could have a refund. I left irate and as soon as I got home I emailed the hotel they just said I had only been charged once totally misaing the piont of my complaint being the wrong advertisment through to being told to room was all paid on arrival to the misleading information till I left. I did contact my card company they entered the card digit wrongly !! Big shocker there they did everything else wrong. From emails to this hotel to the reception , manager and opertions none of these peolpe actually showed any compassion for the total mess they made of my booking. Not at anytime did they contact me to advise there was an issue in the 5 months this booking was made.! Its not till you want to complain about macdonalds do you find out they have no idea how to deal with a complaint onther than to ignore it and hope it will go away. Macdonalds think they are too big for there customers and they really just dont care as long as they get your money. If they told me they were not able to take the paymentI wouls have gone somewhere else who could have provided me with the room type I needed . Instead of second best. Macdonalds Inchyra are the worst hotel I have ever dealt with and if you have any sence you would avoid them like the plague. I am very bitter and feel very cheated by this place.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank jenkos1

Dear Jenkos1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

In terms of the issues you have highlighted, as you are aware, several members of my team, including myself have been involved in the correspondence to yourself, prior to this review being added to Trip Advisor.

However, the fact remained that the room wasn’t paid for in advance and therefore needed to be settled on departure.

There is a note on Booking.com’s site that informs all guests to contact the hotel in advance when requiring extra beds, to ensure that these are accommodated correctly.

In terms of the other issues: The maintenance of the room will be checked in reference to the sink, and we be replaced, as part of our ongoing maintenance plan.

As part of our Room 15 – Sustainability Initiatives – All bedroom fridges are switched off when not in use. We were not made aware of any fault with this fridge, we again will have this checked.

Finally, had any of the above issues been brought to our attention during the 2 day visit I am certain my team would have resolved them in a timely manner.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Brett Ingle,
General Manager.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel is fantastic, it is pricey but you get what you pay for. On arrival the room was a good size with everything you need. It even had a hidden (empty) fridge you could store water etc in. There was no expensive minibar which was a nice touch. Room service was stupidly expensive. In the price of our room we got full access to the gym and pool, we could also use the spa if we wanted to. Our booking also included a full breakfast which had everything you could ever want! A really good hotel with fantastic staff, facilities and access to lots of tourist attractions. We stayed for a meal one night which was good, the menu wasn't extensive as it is a specialist steak restaurant. If you don't like steak then you are pretty much restricted. The menu also didn't say what you got with the meal and the staff didn't tell you when you ordered extra potatoes for example but this seemed common everywhere we went.

Room Tip: We chose a standard double with breakfast and it was more than adequate for two people.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Two rooms were booked ,one was palatial and the other poky and in need of redecorating ; prices exactly the same when booked on the internet. Food was good and swimming pool lovely. Breakfast good but expensive. Ok for overnight stay.

Room Tip: enquire at reception for an upgrade if available
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bydandbabe

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa.
It was unfortunate you were not allocated rooms of the same standard.

I hope this did not affect the enjoyment of your stay with us. Your otherwise positive comments are very much appreciated, guest feedback is very important as it gives us the opportunity to review our service delivery as well as highlight any training needs to our management team and team.

Brett Ingle,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Polmont
Airth Castle & Hotel
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel

Been to Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!