My friend & I booked a special offer on last minute.com which was £109 each for Dinner, Bed, Breakfast & a 30min spa treatment.
I phoned up the week before to ensure we got a twin room & also to book some extra treatments.
On arrival we were told we didn't have dinner in our rate- which we did. Eventually this was sorted.
We were then checked into a Kingsize room- nice but didnt want to share a bed with my mate.
When we walked back down to reception there was no apology, just a huff & a puff rather than trying to sort the situation by moving us they wanted to find someone from house keeping to seperate the beds!!
I advised I had a spa treatment booked so wanted things to moved along quickly- we were sent to the bar to have a coffee. This took 15mins & by this point I was ready to go home!
Eventually checked into another room with 2 single beds pushed together.... Should just have stayed in the King.
The room was nice, but maybe a little dated.
We were meant to have robes etc to go to the spa but they were missing from room also.
Eventually got down to Spa & my full body hot stone massage was excellent. Only managed to get 10mins in the sauna due to all the hassle at check in etc.
Evening meal was lovely & we ate from the all inclusive menu on the room rate which had a good selection.
We ordered drinks before our starters- they arrived AFTER our mains... had to ask 3 times for them to be brought out.... very bad service & the restaurant was quiet as well so no excuse!!
We had been advised breakfast was till 1030am so we headed down just before 10am to an empty restaurant.
When we spoke to waitress she advised breakfast finished at 0930!
Seriously could not make this up.....
So no breakfast for us.
Checked out of our room before going for our last treatment to find extras on the bill that we didnt sign for.
Reception advised we had "over eaten" on our dinner allowance even though we ate from the all inclusive menu.
The restaurant manager had to be called & checked the menu etc. Turns out it was a mistake & we had not "over eaten" by this point we didnt even want to have another treatment we just wanted to leave.
Faulty towers springs to mind...
No one at the Macdonald Inchyra wants to take ownership for any problems that happen there. There is a clear lack of team work & leadership at this hotel which is bitterly disappointing.
This could be a great hotel with an amazing spa but in the truth of it all it was just a joke.
Last treatment was a mini facial & the beautician was lovely but we were in a room that had a faulty air conditioning unit & it buzzed very loudly & constantly. She apologised & said it had been reported numerous times. She went on to say that they also nick named the hotel "faulty towers" and they never wanted to spend any money on sorting problems etc.
As soon as the treatment was over we made a sharp exit.... Never to return!
As I explained earlier- this hotel needs someone to take charge of it. There is a clear lack of communication & leadership. The whole time we were there no one to action or ownership for any problems that occurred.
I will be writing a letter of complaint to the Macdonald hotel chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa is perfectly located in the heart of the Central Belt in Scotland, meaning you are just 30 minutes away from central Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling and all the attractions and shopping that they have to offer. We are renowned for our wonderful Vital spa experience where you can unwind in our thermal suite, including 20 metre swimming pool, rasul, rock sauna and ice fountain. We are also a perfect location for business travellers to the area, offering free, unlimited WiFi so that you stay connected to the office. Extremely accessible, just off junction 5 of the M9, Edinburgh Airport is just 25 minutes away and Polmont train station easily connects to mainlines from Glasgow and Edinburgh. After a day of meetings, adventure or relaxation in the Spa, enjoy one of the best steak's in town at the AA rosette-awarded Scottish Steak Club restaurant. Selecting only the finest ingredients and 21-day aged cuts of beef from Scotbeef, it's our dedication to serving quality ingredients that makes us different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel Polmont
- Macdonald Inchyra Grange Falkirk
- Hotel Macdonald Inchyra Grange
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa Polmont, Scotland