Rather stark hotel exterior gave way to a warm and welcoming reception area. We were greeted by efficient and friendly staff at reception. Room was large and spotless with ensuite bathroom with shower over bath. Since it was a cold wet blustery January afternoon we headed to the spa where we enjoyed both the sauna and steam room before having a swim...all very well presented and looked after. Large pool 20 metres long approx. Water warm and clean. Plenty of loungers for guests and I enjoyed a rest on a heated lounger of which there were two. Pleasant restful interiors in spa with cafe area at entrance.
We attended a company dinner dance in the hotel that evening with around 100 guests from my husbands work. The service was very good, the meal was tasty, fresh and nicely served. We had a fun night in lovely surroundings. In the morning we enjoyed breakfast there was loads to choose from a buffet area followed by a served plated breakfast from which I chose scrambled egg with Scottish smoked salmon... It was beautifully cooked. The service at breakfast was a little slow but the dining room was very busy....staff were hard working and pleasant throughout. I thought it was a great wee break and plan to visit again with family to take in the many attractions round about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa is perfectly located in the heart of the Central Belt in Scotland, meaning you are just 30 minutes away from central Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling and all the attractions and shopping that they have to offer. We are renowned for our wonderful Vital spa experience where you can unwind in our thermal suite, including 20 metre swimming pool, rasul, rock sauna and ice fountain. We are also a perfect location for business travellers to the area, offering free, unlimited WiFi so that you stay connected to the office. Extremely accessible, just off junction 5 of the M9, Edinburgh Airport is just 25 minutes away and Polmont train station easily connects to mainlines from Glasgow and Edinburgh. After a day of meetings, adventure or relaxation in the Spa, enjoy one of the best steak's in town at the AA rosette-awarded Scottish Steak Club restaurant. Selecting only the finest ingredients and 21-day aged cuts of beef from Scotbeef, it's our dedication to serving quality ingredients that makes us different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel Polmont
- Macdonald Inchyra Grange Falkirk
- Hotel Macdonald Inchyra Grange
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa Polmont, Scotland