“Last minute treat”

Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Polmont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband & I decided to get away for a night & came across this wonderful place. Our check-in was quick & easy & our room was ideally placed. We decided to sample the lunch menu & enjoyed a light bite before making use of the leisure facilities. After our swim & sauna we retired to our room to freshen up before our evening meal which we pre booked on our arrival. The meal was superb & our steaks cooked to perfection. All in all we enjoyed a lovely night away & our only complaint was being awoken during the night by a fire alarm.

1  Thank Ceri C
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind positive review , The team here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa takes great pride in their service they provide and it’s encouraging to read that you appreciate all the hard work and dedication that they put in.

We are all very proud to hear that Macdonald Hotel group for the second time in 5 years have been awarded the AA Hotel Group of the Year for 2013-2014.

We are passionate about our great food, service and value but most of all outstanding steak.

Once again for your kind review, We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,
General manager

There are newer reviews for Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent an overnight stay here, ready for an early morning flight. Lovely comfortable beds, only downside was that at 1.20a.m. there was a fire alarm call and we all had to gather in reception for 1 hour, until the fire brigade gave the all clear. I had to be up at 4.am. to get to the airport for my flight, so was not best pleased.
Ate in the restaurant, which was quite good and reasonably priced. I was not told that there was a credit card surcharge, and as I wanted to be away quickly, to catch my flight, I did not have time to change my card for a debit card. Noticed later that there was a sign giving this information, hidden at the back of the reception. Normally this is pointed out, when you sign in. That said, I enjoyed the stay

Room Tip: Do not have room 112, as it is next to the swing doors that lead to the upstairs floor, and people a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was pleased to read that you had a overall good stay with us. However, the fire alarm was activated. We have our risk assessment in place, and a team of trained staff who will manage the evacation of our guests accordingly. Unfortunately, the alarm can be a disturbance, the team will however, keep this to a minimum and manage the situation safely and efficiently. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

The credit card charge is company policy, and you are right you should have been given this information on check in, I will speak to the reception manager to make sure that retraining be given to avoid repetition to future guests.

Thank you for your positive comment on our food that we serve and the value, we are proud to have been awarded AA rosette for 2013-2014 for excellence.

I am happy to read that you had overall enjoyed your stay, If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Called in to this hotel just for Sunday Lunch, what a lovely experience this was. The Staff were all well informed and very friendly and informative. The lunch was absolutlely delicious, I went for the soup, followed by the roast beef (this was the best roast beef i have tasted, and We have stayed in 5 star hotels and scottish castles, and can honestly say the food in the Inchyra was better than any of these. My husband and I will most certainly be back, next time we will make a point of staying overnight, if it is anything like the brochure states, I certainly cant wait to return.
Well done to all Staff and Waiters, 10 out of 10 for service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing to have your Sunday Lunch here at our Scottish Steak Club, and for taking the time to post your positive review on trip advisor.

I am delighted to read that this was the best roast beef that you have tasted, We are passionate about the great food, and service, the beef that we serve comes from fully accredited Scottish farms and supplied to us by Scot Beef. As well as some of the finest steaks from the USA and Argentina.

If you did not manage to join our data base and would like to keep in touch with any changes to our menu or any promotions in the future, We will be having a special fathers day lunch on the 15th June 2014.

You mentioned that you would like to come and stay at the hotel another time,if you would like to book or would like any further information please do contact me at gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk, I can then arrange to enhance your stay with us in some way.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Brett Ingle,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed for an overnight Spa break and wished we'd booked for some much longer. From the initial reservation (which include 2 proactive calls from the hotel afterwards, the first to inquire if we had yet booked our preferred treatments and times and also later for dinner as both would be busy - very helpful and proactive indeed) to arrival and throughout the stay the numerous staff we encounter were simply excellent. A warm smile was ubiquitous and everyone was only too eager to help.
The food was fantastic, from our light salad lunch on arrival, to dinner in our room (it was a relaxing spa break afterall) to the breakfast and again lunch before we left.
The spa treatments (we had 2 x 30min each day) were super relaxing, exactly what we needed.
Whilst the approach to the hotel doesnt do it justice, this was a fleeting thought as the lovely gardens and interior of the hotel transported us to where we wanted to be.
We really couldn't fault it and would have no hesitation recommending it.
Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept our thanks for choosing to stay with us here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

We, as a team, take great pride in our standards of customer service and the presentation of the hotel and its beautiful grounds. We strive to give our guests the highest standards of quality service and hospitality.

I would therefore, like to thank you personally for taking the time to post your positive review on trip advisor, particualrly in relation to the team members who looked after you stay.

We are very proud to have been awarded the AA Hotel group of the year 2013 – 2014, and our Scottish Steak Club also has been awarded with an AA rosette for our culinary excellence.

Once again thank you for posting your review.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Came for a relaxing spa weekend with my boyfriend for my birthday, and it did not dissappoint!
Dinner was lovely with very professional service from Alan, who was absolutely fantatic, explaining the menu to us and chatting to us about our journey.
Then fabulous drinks at the bar served up to us perfectly by Nicholas.
Check-In, and check-out also made us feel right at home here, on check in after a long day of delayed flights we were welcomed with a smile by Emma, asking us about our journey and the purpose of our stay. I told her it was a birthday treat, and a glass of bubbles were sent up to our room! Just what we needed after a hectic day!
Check out was also quick and efficient from Carlen, and left us feeling like we didn't want to leave as she wished us well on our way, and even recommended a restraunt to us for lunch.
Even with a little confusion over our spa treatments, Michael on the desk was great offering us tea or coffee whilst things were sorted, and the treatments were absolutely fantastic!
We had an absolutely amazing weekend here and will definately be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us here at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa for your Spa weekend, It is so good to read that you were treated well by our friendly and professional team here at the Macdonald Inchyra.

The team here take great pride in the presentation of the hotel and the service they provide, I will certainly be passing on your positive comments to the team members you have mentioned.

I was very happy to read that you had an amazing weekend, and that you would like to come back to the hotel, I do hope you had the chance to join our data base so that we can keep in touch with any promotions that we may have in the future.

Once again thank you for posting your positive review.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, pelase do not hesitate to contact me personally before you next visit on gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at this hotel. The spa and facilities were of an excellent quality. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, the massage therapist was great.
The only draw backs were that the room was not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel, couple of items didn't work in the room. Never stopped us from enjoying it though.
The restaurant was very over priced for extremely average food. I noticed that out of 6 people in the place that ordered steak, not one of them got it cooked the way they requested. We were not offered bread throughout the meal and when it came to getting the bill, we had to chase someone to get it.
I was also disappointed with the breakfast, bacon was good but the scrambled eggs were soggy and the sausage was not nice at all.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor, I was pleased to read that you had an overall good stay with us here at the hotel.

The hotel has an ongoing maintenance and development programme which includes improvements to the hotel on a daily basis.

We pride ourselves in the quality of ingredients we source and use only the finest ingredients when possible, including meat from scot beef as well as our speciality steaks from the USA and Argentina, Our Scottish Steak Club was also awarded its First AA Rosette for food quality in October 2013. Please accept my apologies if your experience didnt meet our very high standards on this occasion.

Feedback from our guests is important to us, it gives us the opportunity to review our service delivery as well as highlight any training needs to our management team and team members within this hotel as well as pass on praise when individuals are specifically mentioned. I will certainly be passing on your thanks to the team who looked after you during your visit.

We do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel pretty much every months as I was working in a project in Denny.
I would say I had a great stay in all my 6 stays over there are I still book it again.
The staff are very friendly and polite.
The location is good for me and in a very quiet area.
The facilities are pretty good specifically the pool and sauna.
Restaurant is outstanding, with Scottish and international foods, I would recommend the steak , they are specialist.
Of course it is far away from the steaks we used to have in Sydney lool, but I would say one of the bests in UK.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of everyone at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa I’d like to thank you for your very kind review,

It is encouraging to read such positive comments on both the food and the team.

We at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa are very passionate about the high levels of service we deliver, and our continued approach to offering the finest ingredients in our menus.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Kind regards
Brett Ingle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Polmont
Airth Castle & Hotel
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel

Been to Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!