“Exceptional service by excellent staff”

Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Polmont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

After arriving at the Inchyra hotel for a spa break wkd and a huge error made by myself, I was shattered, although staff tried to resolve this, they continued to start my spa afternoon, but was very upset & feeling stressed the staff kindly carried on getting us prepared. Reassuring me they would try and sort things, I was very tearful and upset.
After a very short time, the duty manager Emma Eagleton kindly spoke with me and all was sorted. She was like an angel coming to my rescue, the spa staff too were so kind with words and you all know who you are, I'm sorry I never got your names.
That evening we travelled to a local restaurant and i slipped on the floor in the restaurant & in excruciating pain i was taken to hospital by paramedics. Having sustained internal injuries and bruising, but no broken bones, they advised me to rest my injuries. i returned to the hotel very immobile and in lots of pain. when staff found out what happened the next morning, they were so kind and concerned, they humoured me, went out of their way to show me so much kindness and care for the rest of my weekend . They were all so helpful from - the reception, to the managers, spa, maids, bar staff, waiters and waitresses. Where do you find as many staff in the same place so so kind. Mr MacDonald you have a fantastic team working in the Inchyra. I can't thank you all enough and I will return in the near future to have another spa break for my 40th without all the drama.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MTB644
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Inchyra hotel and for your kind words on how well the team looked after you, I will certainly be passing on your comments to them all.

I was sorry to hear of your injuries, The team and I would like to send their best wishes and we hope that you are feeling much better.

Once again thank you for your comments, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back for a Spa break for your 40th birthday, please do not hesitate to get in touch if I can be of any further assistance, as well as to contact me to assist in booking your birthday visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Room had mould round window, mould round bath, uncomfy bed and pillows. Carpets in hallway was badly rucked up and many areas were threadbare, a trip hazard! Spa was beautiful tho! Hotel did reduce rate when we complained.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room on ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa and for posting your review.

Please accept our apologies for the issues raised in your room, since your visit these have been rectified. We have a maintenance and refurbishment programme ongoign in the hotel, and various projects awaiting approval, including replacement of the hall way carpets.

I was pleased to read that you did enjoyed our state of the art Leisure and Spa.

Once again thank you for posting your review , and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Inchyra in the near future, In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like any further feedback or assistance.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked for a spa day away with a friend. Everything was fantastic from arrival to leaving. Stayed over night in the hotel which was a lovely relaxing evening.

Spa treatment with Dani was relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable she was excellent throughout

The hotel itself was impressive with really friendly and attentive staff. Would recommend this to anyone and certainly return for another spa

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to have your Spa break here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel, and for posting your kind and positive review.

I am delighted to read that you had a lovely stay and that you enjoyed all the facilities that our hotel has to offer.

The team here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa take great pride, and it is encouraging to read that you appreciate all the hard work and dedication that they put in.

I will be passing on your comment to Dani in the Spa.

Once again thank you for your kind words, and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future. please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will look at some way of enhancing you next stay with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I booked in this hotel for a wedding which was taking place in the same hotel the following day.
I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We wanted to book dinner for a letter time , at 8pm.
However the staff insisted we book at 7.15pm as the restaurant was fully booked. However I noticed quite a few empty tables when we arrived at the restaurant. Indeed all other guests were arriving at 8pm.
The service and food at the restaurant was excellent.
i found all the staff to be courteous and friendly.
The room was spacious. It was uncomfortably warm in the room and we could not open the window. Hence we spent an uncomfortable night at the hotel.
Maybe rooms should have at least a fan or air conditioning to remedy this problem, which would be worse in summer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kiran D
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review and for your positive comments of the our food and the service,

We take great pride in the food that we serve our guests, we are proud to say that we have been awarded AA rosette for excellence 2013-2014.

I am sorry that you felt that your room was very warm, the windows can only be opened slightly, this is mandatory of our health and safety policies, in case of any accidents with children being able to open the window, However we can provide a fan to cool the room if guests feel the need.

Once again thank you for taking the time for posting your review, and for your positive comments of the friendly staff and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Brett Ingle,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I always try to write a fair review and on balance the Hotel is good only to be let down by a couple of things that sadly make all the difference. The Hotel grounds and overall public areas are smart and well maintained and have clearly enjoyed some investment in the last few years. The spa is great and the highlight of the physical stuff has to be the bar and restaurant by a mile. Great decor but most importantly, great service. The guys in the bar were busy but efficient and gave great service to most everyone I could see. The lunch menu was tasty and all in all it was a great way to relax in the afternoon with the Ipad and use the Wifi.

The overall welcome was good and the staff are all very friendly, especially the concierge who was really useful when it came to local directions and things to do. On the subject of staff, they had run out of towels in the spa and the gentleman behind the desk said he would bring some through to us. To be honest, they were so busy, I didn't expect this to happen, but sure enough, he found us in a crowded spa - thank you.

So, in balance, the rooms are no so good. They are spacious and like most Macdonald hotels, they have great beds. They are however tired. The bathroom was badly in need of a re-grout and a deep clean and this was a shame compared to the rest of the Hotel. The desk staff all be it were friendly but I had to go hunting for an email that they promised to print and send to my room. It was just lazily dumped on the back of the desk for me to go and pick up despite the promise of delivery. Also, I checked out early due to running a Marathon that day and the departure took for ever. The night porter seemed to take ages and didn't even say goodbye or good luck despite being stood there is a bright orange vest, shorts and running number. In fact his check out must have been so bad that I was then bombarded with phone calls telling me that I had left without paying my bill despite them pre-authorising my card and me signed the final bill with "Ronald" on the desk. It is clear that they didn't communicate and also seem to mislaid the signed final bill.

The locations isn't great either, some of the rooms overlook a giant gas works and it is on the outskirts of the town. If you are looking for a fair priced spa hotel without wanting to pay Edinburgh prices, then this is fine. If you want to see some prettier Scotland, pay the extra and travel East.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review since your stay here at the MacDonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa,

I was pleased to read that you did have a relaxing time and that you had received good service.

We have a constant maintenance and refurbishment programme in the hotel the hotel, which includes redocorating and constant updates throughout the property.

The reception team endeavour to check out guests as efficiently as possible, and I am sorry that we failed on this occasion, I have asked the reception manager for retraining to be given to the team members mentioned.

Thank you once again for your comments, such feed back is one valuable way for us to monitor our operation and make improvements where necessary, I hope we will have opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband & I decided to get away for a night & came across this wonderful place. Our check-in was quick & easy & our room was ideally placed. We decided to sample the lunch menu & enjoyed a light bite before making use of the leisure facilities. After our swim & sauna we retired to our room to freshen up before our evening meal which we pre booked on our arrival. The meal was superb & our steaks cooked to perfection. All in all we enjoyed a lovely night away & our only complaint was being awoken during the night by a fire alarm.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ceri C
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind positive review , The team here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa takes great pride in their service they provide and it’s encouraging to read that you appreciate all the hard work and dedication that they put in.

We are all very proud to hear that Macdonald Hotel group for the second time in 5 years have been awarded the AA Hotel Group of the Year for 2013-2014.

We are passionate about our great food, service and value but most of all outstanding steak.

Once again for your kind review, We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,
General manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent an overnight stay here, ready for an early morning flight. Lovely comfortable beds, only downside was that at 1.20a.m. there was a fire alarm call and we all had to gather in reception for 1 hour, until the fire brigade gave the all clear. I had to be up at 4.am. to get to the airport for my flight, so was not best pleased.
Ate in the restaurant, which was quite good and reasonably priced. I was not told that there was a credit card surcharge, and as I wanted to be away quickly, to catch my flight, I did not have time to change my card for a debit card. Noticed later that there was a sign giving this information, hidden at the back of the reception. Normally this is pointed out, when you sign in. That said, I enjoyed the stay

Room Tip: Do not have room 112, as it is next to the swing doors that lead to the upstairs floor, and people a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was pleased to read that you had a overall good stay with us. However, the fire alarm was activated. We have our risk assessment in place, and a team of trained staff who will manage the evacation of our guests accordingly. Unfortunately, the alarm can be a disturbance, the team will however, keep this to a minimum and manage the situation safely and efficiently. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

The credit card charge is company policy, and you are right you should have been given this information on check in, I will speak to the reception manager to make sure that retraining be given to avoid repetition to future guests.

Thank you for your positive comment on our food that we serve and the value, we are proud to have been awarded AA rosette for 2013-2014 for excellence.

I am happy to read that you had overall enjoyed your stay, If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,
Brett Ingle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Polmont
Airth Castle & Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel
Macdonald Houstoun House
Best Western Park Hotel

Been to Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!