“Lovely break with my daughter and granddaughter” 5 of 5 bubbles

Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Polmont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kirkcaldy
“Lovely break with my daughter and granddaughter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were looking to stay somewhere central to finish off our visit to Blair Drummond Safari Park. We chose Inchyra because of location and for the fact it had a pool for my two year old granddaughter. From the start we were welcomed and made to feel as if nothing was too much trouble. Taking a toddler into a restaurant can be problematic. However the staff were exceptionally attentive to her, providing play material, and making my daughter a Me feel relaxed so we all had a lovely dinner. No downsides to our stay. Wonderful family hotel. Perfectly situated for exploring the central belt and beyond.

Room Tip: Family room very spacious and well appointed
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read you all enjoyed your time with us here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

We are ideally located as you mentioned to visit Blair Drummond Safari Park as well as some of the newer attractions such as the Kelpies, the Falkirk Wheel, and Callendar House to name but a few.

I was also pleased to read you made the time to use our state of the art leisure and spa, particularly fantastic 20 metre pool.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Brett Ingle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Liege, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

A beautiful building, but rooms nothing more than correct ... and a bit noisy. A pleasant restaurant and good equipments can make the difference. Also surprised to be charged for credit card fees without prior notification...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RedDevil-Lg
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

I was surprised to read that you felt the hotel was noisy, Inchyra is normally commented on for being in a quiet area, with no disturbances from any banquets or weddings due to the rooms being away from our extensive banqueting rooms. If you could let me know a little more information on the cause of the disturbance I can then investigate this further.

As with many purchases these days Macdonald Hotels: charges for payments made with credit cards. We of course do not charge for payments made with debit cards.

Once again thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our original booking was for Macdonald Forrest Hills hotel for a very special family get together with 11 people and 4 rooms. We discovered with only 4 days to go that the hotel had been overbooked and were offered Inchyra as an alternative. To be fair to the hotel group we were fairly compensated but did go to the new hotel with some trepidation. Overall the hotel is fine, its not in the best location (the views of Grangemouth refinery is not perhaps exactly what you want on a nice weekend away) however the actual hotel is well kept and presented, although there are no grounds as such to walk in. The main reception areas, bar and spa have all been done up and the warmth of welcome from the receptionist was outstanding, and this was a feature of our whole stay - excellent and well trained staff throughout. 3 of the rooms were executive doubles and all were fine with plenty of room fo the pull out beds for our kids. The main feature room was a bit disappointing, with the furniture arranged round the edges and a huge expanse of carpet in the center, the room looked like they had run out of budget as not all had been renewed. Good features in all rooms were huge comfy beds with very good pillows, fridges and new bathrooms. Not so good was the heat, the rooms were really warm and the windows only open a fraction. Food wise an excellent breakfast, made to order and exactly what you wanted served on piping hot plates, the buffet too was really excellent probably one of the best in a chain of hotels I have experienced. Dinner was included or an allowance of £25 each and this was a bit hit and a miss. The first night the three course dinner was good, although everyone found the battered fish to be very poor. The second night there was no set menu and we had meals off the main menu, with excellent steak and sharing fish starter, the chicken and chips though was tasteless. the best bit though had to be the mini pudding which were really novel and excellent. the service at dinner was exemplary. Drinks were fine, and the bar area is not large but also fine, and they accommodated the majority request for the world cup football commentary to be on at low. The spa is good but no hot tub, very clean through and good temperature of pool. Best places to visit locally has to be Blair Drummond, the Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel. Overall a pretty nice base to explore the area, there are actually nice resturants a short car/taxi ride away which might be worth trying. Overall though the staff make this place, special thanks to Emma (reception) and Kyle (bar/restaurant) who were great.

1 Thank Fiona I
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for your kind words of how warm and welcoming that the staff were, I will be passing on all of your commenst on to the team.

We, as a team, take great pride in our standards of customer service and the presentation of the hotel and its beautiful grounds.

The Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa, as you mentioned, does not have the same ground coverage as Forest Hills Resorts, but we do have some nice areas out side the grounds of the hotel, it is lovely to walk along old Polmont , and to visit the Kelpies, and the Helix just a few minutes away from the hotel. As well as the Falkirk wheel a short drive away.

We have an ongoing maintenance and refurbishment programme in the hotel, and work is constantly being done to update areas of the hotel.

The hotel can provide a fan for the room if any guests are feeling warm. Unfortunately our health and safety policy does not allow the windows to be opened any wider.

We are all passionate about the great food and the service we provide. The hotel has been awarded an AA rosette for excellence in food for the Scottish Steak Club.

We are all proud to say that we were awarded the AA Hotel Group of the year 2007-2008 and again 2013-2014 ,

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to one of our hotels in the near future, In the meantime if you would like anymore assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Firstly we have visited many hotels for spa breaks, this place was awesome, from start to finish we felt like royalty, the spa is beautiful and so so relaxing. First class stay due to great staff, facilities and food. Thank you

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chrispamsteph
Dear Guest ,

Firstly thank you for choosing to stay here with us, at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa, and for your kind and positive review.

I am delighted to read that you had a lovely stay and that you enjoyed all the facilities that our hotel has to offer.

The team here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa take great pride, and it is encouraging to read that you appreciate all the hard work and dedication that they put in.

Kind regards,
Brett Ingle,
General manager.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

After arriving at the Inchyra hotel for a spa break wkd and a huge error made by myself, I was shattered, although staff tried to resolve this, they continued to start my spa afternoon, but was very upset & feeling stressed the staff kindly carried on getting us prepared. Reassuring me they would try and sort things, I was very tearful and upset.
After a very short time, the duty manager Emma Eagleton kindly spoke with me and all was sorted. She was like an angel coming to my rescue, the spa staff too were so kind with words and you all know who you are, I'm sorry I never got your names.
That evening we travelled to a local restaurant and i slipped on the floor in the restaurant & in excruciating pain i was taken to hospital by paramedics. Having sustained internal injuries and bruising, but no broken bones, they advised me to rest my injuries. i returned to the hotel very immobile and in lots of pain. when staff found out what happened the next morning, they were so kind and concerned, they humoured me, went out of their way to show me so much kindness and care for the rest of my weekend . They were all so helpful from - the reception, to the managers, spa, maids, bar staff, waiters and waitresses. Where do you find as many staff in the same place so so kind. Mr MacDonald you have a fantastic team working in the Inchyra. I can't thank you all enough and I will return in the near future to have another spa break for my 40th without all the drama.

1 Thank MTB644
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Inchyra hotel and for your kind words on how well the team looked after you, I will certainly be passing on your comments to them all.

I was sorry to hear of your injuries, The team and I would like to send their best wishes and we hope that you are feeling much better.

Once again thank you for your comments, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back for a Spa break for your 40th birthday, please do not hesitate to get in touch if I can be of any further assistance, as well as to contact me to assist in booking your birthday visit.

Aberdeen, Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Room had mould round window, mould round bath, uncomfy bed and pillows. Carpets in hallway was badly rucked up and many areas were threadbare, a trip hazard! Spa was beautiful tho! Hotel did reduce rate when we complained.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room on ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa and for posting your review.

Please accept our apologies for the issues raised in your room, since your visit these have been rectified. We have a maintenance and refurbishment programme ongoign in the hotel, and various projects awaiting approval, including replacement of the hall way carpets.

I was pleased to read that you did enjoyed our state of the art Leisure and Spa.

Once again thank you for posting your review , and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Inchyra in the near future, In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like any further feedback or assistance.

Brett Ingle

Travellers are raving about these Polmont hotels

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked for a spa day away with a friend. Everything was fantastic from arrival to leaving. Stayed over night in the hotel which was a lovely relaxing evening.

Spa treatment with Dani was relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable she was excellent throughout

The hotel itself was impressive with really friendly and attentive staff. Would recommend this to anyone and certainly return for another spa

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to have your Spa break here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel, and for posting your kind and positive review.

I will be passing on your comment to Dani in the Spa.

Once again thank you for your kind words, and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future. please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will look at some way of enhancing you next stay with us.

Kind regards
Brett Ingle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polmont
Airth Castle & Hotel
Premier Inn Falkirk East Hotel
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!