“Good stay overall” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
York, United Kingdom
“Good stay overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Recently stayed here over night. Good to see old and new building working together. The staff we very friendly and helpful. Check in was swift and the room was available early. The room had everything you need overnight, but the view wasn't good-overlooking the back of the spa area. The room was in need of refurbishing and there is a program for this at the moment. It didn't spoil our break because you don't spend long in the hotel room. The spa was lovely. The pool was large and the thermal suite would have been refreshing if the ice was working. The dining area is large and varied ambience-bright and airy near the large windows, dark and cosy on the other side of the bar area. We ordered our meal and drinks and they arrived promptly, as did coffee, but the dessert needed a reminder.. The menu is varied, but mainly steak-it is a Scottish steak club venue and there is a good choice of wines-quite reasonably priced. This was a business trip for my son but a leisure trip for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room not overlooking the spa.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review,

We, as a team, take great pride in our standards of customer service and the presentation of the hotel and its beautiful grounds.

Front of house restaurant, reception, leisure and spa, areas all had a massive refurbishment 3 years ago. Our in house maintenance team endeavour daily to keep the hotel to a high end 4 star standard.

We are passionate about great food, service and value. Simple food cooked to perfection by our talented chefs, we are proud to say we have been awarded AA rosette for excellence, I have passed on your comment to the restaurant manager on the waiting time for your dessert to be served.

Please accept my apologies for your disappointment that the ice was not working in the thermal suite, As soon as there was a fault we had our engineers and a repplacement ordered.

Feedback from our guests provides an invaluable tool and one with which we are able to constantly make improvements and changes where necessary and give praise where deserved.

Once again thank you for your review, and I hope you do have the opportunity to visit the hotel again in the future.

Brett Ingle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Girvan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night as family 2 adults & 3 kids got a nice big room and the kids had great time using pool which is a good size and the sauna and steam room were great .dinner was booked for 7 by half passed still hadn't took our order despite there only being a handful of diners over the next hour and a half we had our starter and mains but we waited over 40 mins on someone taking dessert order it didn't happen we had to go ask for bill poor service for overpriced food

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am pleased to read that overall you had a nice time and were able to enjoy the pool with the children, and the other facilities in our state of the art leisure and spa.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service you received in the restaurant. I have passed on your comments to the restaurant manager.

We are passionate about great food, service and value, I am sorry on this occasion this has not been the case.

Once again thank you for your review, if you would like anymore information please do not hesitate to contact me on: gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

natasha1980
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Recently stayed here for a wedding. Seemed like there were lots of weddings happening in this area. Room was small and old with worn furniture and carpets, thin walls, no ventilation and overall appeared very dark. Decor felt like it was from the 70's. The staff at the front desk refused to give us a double bed (even though we booked it) and we just had twins. The safe did not work, the iron looked like it was also from the 70's and did not work well. WIFI was only available in lobby it seemed and did not reach our room on the first floor. Service was terrible at the restaurant with many in our party having to ask for food and drink multiple times prior to obtaining it. Room service was also subpar and very expensive for what it was. The bathrooms was supposed to be for disabled access, but the tub was so far off the floor it was a stretch for any person to get in and out of. There was no shower curtain, just some odd half glass door that did not block any water from the bathroom floor. It seems like most guests here stayed for weddings or other functions, so likely did not have much of a choice and the hotel seems to take advantage of that fact by providing poor facilities and service at an expensive price for what you get. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Better to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa while attending a wedding.

I am sorry to read of your disappointment with your room, I would expect the requests of the guest to be carried out, on this occasion this was not possible, I am sorry we were unable to give you a double room with a double bed on this occasion, the hotel was full, the receptionist was unable to move you to another room.

I will pass on your comment about the décor in the room to the senior management team.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the safe, and the iron, not working properly, rest assured this is not the normal standard and I have discussed this with the team members involved.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit, I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit the hotel again in the future.

General manager

Travellers are raving about these Polmont hotels

Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We just walked in on the off chance to see if there were any available rooms which we were pleased to be told there was and was given an executive room on the fourth floor which was very pleasant the only downside was that the room was very warm apart from that the staff were very cheerful and only too happy to please in particular Bianca at reception would go back again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

On behalf of everyone at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa I’d like to thank you for your very kind review.

It is encouraging to hear your positive comments on the staff, I will certainly be passing on your thanks to Bianca.

We at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa are very passionate about the high levels of service we deliver, and our continued approach to offering the finest ingredients in our menus.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Kind regards
Kelso, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

On a positive the staff were all wonderful.

The rooms were very hot and no fans were available. The mould in the bathroom was awful and really put you of going in to the bathroom. The batteries were missing from the safe door and we only had one bath towel. Very poor for £ 124 per night.

Breakfast was okay and dinner was try good but expensive.

Would not stay again although the Pool and Spa were very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for your kind words on how positive and wonderful you thought our team had been. I will be sure to pass this on your comments to them.

I was however concerned to read about the mould in the bathroom, and of the batteries being missing from the safe,

We review all our feed back as a team, and rest assured the issues raised will be dealt with by my maintenance team.

Feedback from our guests is important to us, it gives us the opportunity to review our service delivery as well as highlight any training needs to our management team and team members.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, in the meantime if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

Kind regards,
General manager
Falkirk, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

A friend was getting married so we booked a room. Room 123. It was terrible could hardly move around as there was no space around the bed and the bathroom was tiny. The decor was horrendous and the room stank of cigarettes ironed my dress in the morning and the ozone board was filthy and ended up marking my dress!!!! Absolutely disgusting! not worth the £100!!!! You pay £60 and get an amazing Hotel in the Centre of Glasgow just can't believe they are charging this amount for a stinky dingy room. If it werent for the wedding we would defo not have wasted the money.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jenna P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay here for your friends wedding. I do hope you all had a great time at the wedding.

I was concerned to read that the room smelt of cigarette smoke, this is a non-smoking hotel, and therefore guests should only be smoking in the designated areas. We were full over the weekend of the wedding and were unable to therefore keep the room off for the additional time to air the smoke smell.

I would be more than happy to discuss the other issues encountered if you could contact me directly on the following email address and I will be in touch shortly.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

My email gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

Kind regards,
Brett Ingle,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked an "Executive family room" at the hotel but on arrival was given a double room and not the executive family room which I had booked. I called reception to be told that a pop up bed would be made up in the room. The furniture had then to be re-arranged to accommodate the bed which meant that the seating area became useless. I had not booked a double room with pop up bed - I had booked (and paid for) a family room.

I booked a table for 8pm for dinner - the table was ready but the service was appalling. We waited for 20 minutes for an order to be taken. Then a further 30 minutes for the food to arrive. As the food arrived the fire alarm went off (not the fault of the hotel) however I did find it disgusting that whilst the guests stood in the rain the staff thought it appropriate to huddle together and have a good old laugh about it. I suggest they should have been checking that all guests were OK and trying to make this unfortunate incident as acceptable as possible.

On returning to our table I ordered a couple of glasses of wine to have with our meal - the wine arrived 10 minutes after our meal was finished and the plates cleared away!

The above combined was the disgusting smell around the edge of the pool - I assume coming from the filters - made our stay very disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank Angela B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor as well as contacting me directly at the hotel.

As mentioned I have now spoken with and forwarded on your comments to my managers. We have also contacted the booking agent you used to book your room and requested that they update our details in order to highlight to guests the need to inform the hotel directly when extra beds are required, alternatively rooms can be booked directly with us online.

Please be assured this is not our normal standard of service here at the hotel, normally our guests enjoy a first class standard of service and customer care at all times. My team are also at hand to deal with any issues and correct these during a guest visit to the hotel.

Once again thank you for posting your review, and as discussed I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Inchyra in the near future. In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like any further assistance.

Brett Ingle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polmont
Airth Castle & Hotel
Premier Inn Falkirk East Hotel
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!