“Very good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caeau Capel Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nefyn
Caeau Capel Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nefyn
York, United Kingdom
“Very good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Some of the reviewers on this site have spoken about this hotel looking tired. There are parts of it where this is true, but it provides good value for money. You can't expect Savoy Hotel standards when you are paying £42.00 a night! This figure includes breakfast! My Room (26) was very quiet, overlooked a pleasant garden (ground floor) with a distant view of the sea. The beds are pretty firm, which I do not mind, but some might. The breakfast is well cooked and tasty, the dining room has distant views of the sea, it is very pleasant. Nefyn is nicknamed 'Noffin Nefyn' and it's true: one shop and the beach. The beath is very pleasant, so if you are looking for a quiet gettaway, this is the place for you! If you want something more vibrant, you will need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Turn right at the War Memorial in Nefyn and the Hotel is the last building on your right.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DannyBoy94

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night at this hotel. The lady owner, Ruth who is French gave me a warm welcome and was very nice. It was a bit tricky to find the hotel as the road where you go down although signposted looked like someone's driveway and there are two roads next to each other with the same name. I eventually found the hotel, but here's a tip. When you are going down the road you will we see a monument in the middle of the road (I know that sounds strange, but true) just at the monument turn very sharp right and that is the road to go down and the hotel is just a few yards on the right. Plenty of place to park and a big garden, which would be nice if the sun shines. The hotel is traditional, but tidy. I had a nice large twin room with a very compact ensuite. A minor niggle is that there is nowhere to put your soap etc in the shower at eye level, only a ledge near the floor which was a bit silly, also the TV is on top of wardrobe!!! Rather unusual. One big plus point is free Wifi. The hotel is in a very quiet situation, no passing traffic to speak of. A very comfortable night's sleep with nice white laundried sheets and a large fluffy bath sheet instead of the small bath towels provided by many hotels. A very good breakfast, I could not finish it all. There was also a buffet with cereals, fruit etc. and excellent quality tea. As a previous person said the guest lounge is very strangely furnished, I did wonder if they got a job lot of the pink chairs, but it didn't bother me as I went up to my room. In the evening I asked Ruth if I could have something light to eat and she gave me a great plate of homemade leek and potato soup which I really enjoyed. The hotel was a little bit tired in places,but clean and good value. I would definitely go back again when in the Nefyn area.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BubblyBobbles
Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

As I approached the hotel, I must admit I was a little worried, because it doesn't look very appealing. However, inside is perfectly acceptable, its quite traditional, some may say old fashioned, but I quite liked it. My bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The TV was missing some channels, which is always annoying, but that wasn't enough to spoil my stay. Breakfast was good and served promptly. At the price, it's very good value for money

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank LeeJ4
bewdley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Caeau Capel Hotel. We arrived late afternoon to be greeted with a friendly face with a chance to eat in after a long drive. We both loved the meals both breakfasts and evening meals, with beautifully cooked food and ample servings.They also catered for our food intolerances, which is quite rare.Our room was large and our beds were comfortable and the best of all was the fantastic view over the sea and Yr Eifl. Having visited this area many times I was eager to show my sister the area and its great scenery. She was most impressed with the welcome and the position of the hotel overlooking the sea.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel have the sea view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sandraBewdley
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Following a disastrous night's camping in freak weather (early April seeing sub zero temperatures, strong winds - a cargo ship was forced onto rocks just along the coast, and heavy rain) and having quit my intended walk after 3 hours of blizzards, arriving at the Caeau Capel was a relief to say the least. Welcomed by (what I assume to be the) (French?) proprietor I was provided with a warm (the key for me during this episode, but I digress), clean room (if old-fashioned - but then what would you expect at the British seaside?) with ensuite shower & television (if that makes sense). £42 for a single room was a fair price and included a really good English breakfast taken in a delightfully airy breakfast room at the back of the building with views over fields to the sea beyond.

Room Tip: Some rooms will have sea views. Worth asking if it's a quiet time.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Patchesonelbows
west midlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel could be a wonderful place but sadly the hotel for me was not clean no where near modern. Me and my fiance had a free night away here and travelled 280 miles on the same day beacause we did not stay there. The lady who owns the hotel was so lovely tried her best but thats it as far as good goes, The bed had hairs in it, the carpet was badly stained. I sat outside in the car when we first got there and i pointed out to my partner about the badly stained cutain lining at the front of the hotel before we even got inside, which happened to be the room we had, the window had a big crack with tape over it, the chairs in the room was stained aswel, but on the upside the bathroom was clean but that shower has got to be atleast 30yrs old. The area lovely, beach ok, town dead with nothing to do, even if they did the hotel up which would cost alot i would be afraid that the area just isnt enough for a family who like shops and fair gounds and museums ect so would the money be worth it? I really feel for them as they are lovely people who own the hotel (dont think she's french though, mabe polish) i wish them all the best in the future and i wish i could have stayed, and who ever reads this dont not go because of reviews every experience and taste is different!!!! What i didnt like the most is there was no bookings that night but us, i like noice and people around me.

Room Tip: I think would be best for business men because of the area.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank annastaciay b

Travellers are raving about these Nefyn hotels

dover
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Please do not stay here.......
I cant think of anyting nice about it !, we had been camping for 3 nights and where looking forward to a nice luxury night in this hotel , it took me 4 hours to drive there , what a waste of time, It also feels and looks like an old peoples home !!....
Do not stay there ....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gary v
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nefyn
Glyn-y-Coed Hotel
Yr Hen Felin - The Old Mill
The Egryn, Abersoch
The Egryn, Abersoch
#4 of 13 in Abersoch

Been to Caeau Capel Hotel? Share your experiences!