“Friendly hotel in lovely location”
Review of Caeau Capel Hotel

Caeau Capel Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nefyn
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We stayed for three nights recently, eating dinner on two of the nights. The rooms are a good size, the hotel itself perfectly clean and pleasant. Ruth and her husband were friendly and helpful, even being enthusiastic about Obama winning, to please my wife, who is from Chicago! One can pop down to the beach quickly, lovely walking sand. Walking there at night with the shimmering lights was fantastic. The beach further along was hard to get to, owned by the National Trust. It is easiest to walk to it via the beach at Morfa Nefyn and it is worth the walk. This location was in the running many years ago as the port to Ireland. Back to the hotel- very good breakfast indeed, with all the trimmings and not greasy at all.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pfrostsm

Reviewed 19 November 2012

We had a lovely weekend in Nefyn and stayed for one night at the Caeau Capel. Couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. We had our dog with us and our room was brilliant - easy access to the garden. Ground floor and led directly onto the garden with lovely views of the sea. Our breakfast was faultless - help yourself to cereal, juice, fresh fruit and yoghurt and a lovely freshly cooked breakfast. Hopefully will visit again.

Room Tip: We were in Room 26 which is great if ;you are visiting with a pet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Some of the reviewers on this site have spoken about this hotel looking tired. There are parts of it where this is true, but it provides good value for money. You can't expect Savoy Hotel standards when you are paying £42.00 a night! This figure includes breakfast! My Room (26) was very quiet, overlooked a pleasant garden (ground floor) with a distant view of the sea. The beds are pretty firm, which I do not mind, but some might. The breakfast is well cooked and tasty, the dining room has distant views of the sea, it is very pleasant. Nefyn is nicknamed 'Noffin Nefyn' and it's true: one shop and the beach. The beath is very pleasant, so if you are looking for a quiet gettaway, this is the place for you! If you want something more vibrant, you will need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Turn right at the War Memorial in Nefyn and the Hotel is the last building on your right.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DannyBoy94
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel. The lady owner, Ruth who is French gave me a warm welcome and was very nice. It was a bit tricky to find the hotel as the road where you go down although signposted looked like someone's driveway and there are two roads next to each other with the same name. I eventually found the hotel, but here's a tip. When you are going down the road you will we see a monument in the middle of the road (I know that sounds strange, but true) just at the monument turn very sharp right and that is the road to go down and the hotel is just a few yards on the right. Plenty of place to park and a big garden, which would be nice if the sun shines. The hotel is traditional, but tidy. I had a nice large twin room with a very compact ensuite. A minor niggle is that there is nowhere to put your soap etc in the shower at eye level, only a ledge near the floor which was a bit silly, also the TV is on top of wardrobe!!! Rather unusual. One big plus point is free Wifi. The hotel is in a very quiet situation, no passing traffic to speak of. A very comfortable night's sleep with nice white laundried sheets and a large fluffy bath sheet instead of the small bath towels provided by many hotels. A very good breakfast, I could not finish it all. There was also a buffet with cereals, fruit etc. and excellent quality tea. As a previous person said the guest lounge is very strangely furnished, I did wonder if they got a job lot of the pink chairs, but it didn't bother me as I went up to my room. In the evening I asked Ruth if I could have something light to eat and she gave me a great plate of homemade leek and potato soup which I really enjoyed. The hotel was a little bit tired in places,but clean and good value. I would definitely go back again when in the Nefyn area.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BubblyBobbles
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

As I approached the hotel, I must admit I was a little worried, because it doesn't look very appealing. However, inside is perfectly acceptable, its quite traditional, some may say old fashioned, but I quite liked it. My bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The TV was missing some channels, which is always annoying, but that wasn't enough to spoil my stay. Breakfast was good and served promptly. At the price, it's very good value for money

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank LeeJ4
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Caeau Capel Hotel. We arrived late afternoon to be greeted with a friendly face with a chance to eat in after a long drive. We both loved the meals both breakfasts and evening meals, with beautifully cooked food and ample servings.They also catered for our food intolerances, which is quite rare.Our room was large and our beds were comfortable and the best of all was the fantastic view over the sea and Yr Eifl. Having visited this area many times I was eager to show my sister the area and its great scenery. She was most impressed with the welcome and the position of the hotel overlooking the sea.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel have the sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sandraBewdley
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Following a disastrous night's camping in freak weather (early April seeing sub zero temperatures, strong winds - a cargo ship was forced onto rocks just along the coast, and heavy rain) and having quit my intended walk after 3 hours of blizzards, arriving at the Caeau Capel was a relief to say the least. Welcomed by (what I assume to be the) (French?) proprietor I was provided with a warm (the key for me during this episode, but I digress), clean room (if old-fashioned - but then what would you expect at the British seaside?) with ensuite shower & television (if that makes sense). £42 for a single room was a fair price and included a really good English breakfast taken in a delightfully airy breakfast room at the back of the building with views over fields to the sea beyond.

Room Tip: Some rooms will have sea views. Worth asking if it's a quiet time.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Patchesonelbows
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nefyn
Bron Eifion Country House Hotel
#6 of 6 in Criccieth
Nanhoron Arms Hotel
Nanhoron Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Nefyn

Been to Caeau Capel Hotel? Share your experiences!