“Rude staff”

Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
“Rude staff”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I went here with my wife, young daughter and mother in law for lunch. I've been here a few times before and found it very expensive for average food at best. We placed our order and I noticed the lady serving had written it down wrong, we pointed it out at which point she scowled at us and told the cook what we'd actually asked for. She scowled again when we pointed out she hadn't taken my heavily pregnant partners order. Not even a simple apology was offered. They weren't busy and nobody else was queuing so quite why she was in such a rush I don't know. We sat down and low and behold the food arrived wrong for my daughter despite correction twice so we sent it back. Then my food arrived also wrong. On the third attempt it was right but a simple baked potatoe was burnt to a crisp. We will not ever return despite being local. Overpriced rubbish. £30 for two baked spuds, a panini and two cups of tea and a tea cake (also burnt). If you like food avoid this place!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank diesel767

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Awful and unwelcoming”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I am local and have been here about 4 times with different friends, relatives and for different reasons. It is in a convenient place full stop. I had a sausage roll ( horrible) and an awful Dime Bar. The worst thing is the service in this cafe. They are local and so ill mannered. They can not smile, can not give you a welcome. I am not sure what to do but Strikes who now own the establishment really need to so something. It is common knowledge that the staff are rude and people take no notice of them but why should that be so?? The manageress is a joke I fear. The shop itself is well stocked but so over priced.

• Visited February 2014