This apartment was very basic and we expected more for the price we paid to Thomson. We arrived via the side door and walked into spiders webs. The place had a fusty smell and a very unpleasant smell of open drains which we traced to the shower cubicle. The bathroom was very basic and the toilet very difficult to flush. The towels provided had to last us a week as we objected to paying 21 euros to change them. Not even a bottle of water awaited us and the shops were many miles away. We had to pay 100 euros as deposit for a key. The kitchen was poorly equipped and a dirty sponge was left for our use. Due to lack of insulation there was noise until late at night from the flat above. Tuscany however is fabulous, we've been several times to Tuscany but would never go back to this villa nor recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This early 18th century villa, classic and aristocratic, was subjected to restoration that has masterly recovered its original architectural style. Villa Dini comprises one Superior bedroom, two bedrooms and eleven different types of apartments in various sizes that enhance the unaltered charm of the past, finished with materials bound to local tradition: cotto floors, ceilings with stone arches and wooden beams, walls with exposed original stones and bricks. All the apartments have a convenient and functional cooking area and are furnished with elegant, solid wood furniture manufactured by local craftsmen. The ground floor apartments look onto the garden that surrounds the Villa, and each one has a lovely wooden gazebo with table and chairs to dine or enjoy a moment of relaxation in the open air. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Villa Dini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Dini Hotel Castel San Gimignano
- Villa Dini San Gimignano/Castel San Gimignano, Tuscany