“A lovely place to eat.”
Review of La Falena

La Falena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Ate here a few times over our holiday. The service is excellent. Professional and efficient yet friendly. Good for pastas, fish and the pizzas are excellent. The restaurant is not amazing but its is a lovely place to eat because of the staff.

1  Thank Alison127
There are newer reviews for La Falena

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived in the area very late and went in at 2330 on a Saturday night. We were not the last in and it was very busy. Like most restaurants in Marina Di Ragusa this is a no nonsense pizza, pasta, meat, fish place. Not haute cuisine but good value and just the sort of place you need by the seaside. We went twice more. Easy parking.

1  Thank thetraveler_8
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Went for dinner at this pizzeria / restaurant following a good recommendation from our hotel staff, and left disappointed. Perhaps the off-season period (mid-February) didn't help, yet wouldn't describe this venue as anything beyond standard.

I had potato croquettes as starter, which came straight off any supermarket's frozen shelf -- including the unexpected McDonald's-like ketchup and mayo sachets: a first in my (countless) experiences across pizzerias in Italy -- followed by a four-cheese pizza which was all right. Service was fine and attentative. All in all: would return if I happen to be in the area while hungry and in unpretentious mode.

1  Thank sconti555
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I 'm talking about the restaurant.

Service: impeccable.
No waiting time. Courteous and warm waiters.

Quality food: quite delicious. Starters and main courses of fish are simply outstanding.

Price: incredibly cheap. 20€ - 30€ per person if you choose to stand up from the table satisfied.

PS: there's a table in the external dining area that I love to sit the most. It's the number 110. Perfect for a couple looking for reservation and romanticism. :P

I tried several restaurants in the province and I have to admit that La Falena remains a vivid yet pleasant memoir I had during my stay in this wonderful land.

This reviews relates to the restaurant service. I've been told the pizzeria is worth as well.

Enjoy!!! :))

3  Thank Marco1123
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We went to La Falena on Saturday 24th and booked for 930. We were allowed in at about 1010 as there was a mix up with the table. It actually turned out that the table was ready all along and there was lack of communication between the staff and the entertainer who stands at the entrance and calms all the angry people down. DO NOT BE FOOLED - just because there are impressive queues outside it does not mean you are in for a treat.

We sat down and since we had quite a long walk we wanted to order some water (two pregnant women and a one year old child were with us). After being ignored for some 15 minutes we asked the waiter to get us some water. He said I am sorry but a waiter will be assigned to you in due time. After another 15 minutes (we were outside, it is hot and sticky) a waiter turned up, took our order for drinks, firsts and seconds and vanished. After waiting for a further 15 minutes, we spoke to the entertainer at the door who apologised and convinced us not to leave by assigning another waiter to our table.

The food - fish starters (house speciality) were an insult to sicily. Meat was good. Zuppa di pesce and cozze was average. Pasta was also average.

I will not go into the fact that they forgot half our order, got mains before starters and literally looked like it was everyone first day at work.

Bottom line - it is a big establishment and doesn't come close to a proper dining experience in Sicily. We have deleted the memory from our holiday.