Each year I visit Italy, I have to spend sometime at Il Borghetto. This summer I decided to spend the whole month of June at Il Borghetto. I needed a tranquil and peaceful place surrounded by the beautiful and majestic Italian countryside, and yet close to Florence, San Casciano and Siena. It is a magical place that transports one to another world.
The main building, which was a farmhouse dating to the 15th century, was beautifully restored by the Cavallini family. Each room is unique and elegantly decorated with Italian antiques.
Do you want to learn how to make pasta? Cristina shows you how and makes it look so simple. It is the best pasta I have ever had, light and tender, topped with Antonio's organic vegetables and herbs from his garden and fresh sauces. No restaurant can match that. What a treat! All that and more are prepared in the superbly equipped large modern kitchen with marble sinks and high ceilings.
Besides the vegetable garden there are fruit trees, apricots, pomegranates, figs, apples and pears. Then, of course, the vineyards and olive groves.
Wine tasting courses are offered too. The Il Borghetto wine is highly rated from Bilaccio, 100% Sangiovese, to Montegiano.
The staff is most friendly and extremely helpful in planning all kinds of trips. You do not have to go far to see ancient monuments, there is an Etruscan tomb dating to the 12th century, right on the property, one of the most ancient in the Etruscan region and is said to be the final resting place of the Archer.
I would like to go back in September-October for the olive and wine harvesting. It is the most wonderful time. You can taste the fresh green olive oil as soon as it is pressed. Wow!
I recommend Il Borghetto any time. It is small, only 9 rooms, charming and most welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il Borghetto is a B&B and Winery situated in the hills of Chianti, just 20 minutes by car from the centre of Florence and 40 minutes from Siena. The Azienda Agricola extends for 30 hectare, comprising of olive groves and vineyards and produces Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Chianti Classico and Merlot red wine. The Etruscan Tomb of the Archer is located in the property. The Tomb dates back to the 7th century B.C. Il Borghetto houses nine rooms, a large dining room, the b&b’s kitchen, has a vast garden that surrounds the property and a swimming pool.Breakfast is served on the open air veranda in the garden: a rich choice of fresh fruit, cereals, local cheese, homemade jams from the orchard and homemade cakes. Lunch and Dinner is available by request, we prepare Tuscan meals with vegetable from our Organic Vegetable Garden and local product. We organize Cooking Classes and Wine Tasting. We can help you in organizing daily cultural visits as well as Gastronomic Itineraries and Bike Tours.The Inn is open from April to November. The Junior Villa is available all year long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your B&B Il Borghetto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Borghetto Hotel Montefiridolfi
- B&B Il Borghetto Montefiridolfi, Italy - Tuscany