Do you want to be in the country but close to a major city? Il Borghetto is an ideal place. It is centrally located and has easy access to many of the major tourist attractions, e.g. Siena, Greve, San Gimignano, San Casciano, and Impruneta (famous for its pottery).
Il Borghetto is a small, charming and intimate Inn, only 9 rooms, each beautifully and tastefully decorated with Italian antiques. Italian marble is every where.
The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and offer incredible service. The staff has not changed for the 13 years I have been going there. They have become friends.
They offer a great breakfast with locally made jams, bread, fresh cheeses and a variety of fruits. You can order eggs and espresso coffee or whatever your heart desires. Authentic Italian food can be custom ordered for lunch or dinner, and it is delicious.
The Inn is owned and managed by an Italian family, father, daughter and son. They all speak English.
They produce a highly rated wine from grapes growing on their property and excellent olive oil. They conduct tours of the property and wine tastings.
An added bonus: Etruscan tombs are found on the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il Borghetto is a B&B and Winery situated in the hills of Chianti, just 20 minutes by car from the centre of Florence and 40 minutes from Siena. The Azienda Agricola extends for 30 hectare, comprising of olive groves and vineyards and produces Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Chianti Classico and Merlot red wine. The Etruscan Tomb of the Archer is located in the property. The Tomb dates back to the 7th century B.C. Il Borghetto houses nine rooms, a large dining room, the b&b’s kitchen, has a vast garden that surrounds the property and a swimming pool.Breakfast is served on the open air veranda in the garden: a rich choice of fresh fruit, cereals, local cheese, homemade jams from the orchard and homemade cakes. Lunch and Dinner is available by request, we prepare Tuscan meals with vegetable from our Organic Vegetable Garden and local product. We organize Cooking Classes and Wine Tasting. We can help you in organizing daily cultural visits as well as Gastronomic Itineraries and Bike Tours.The Inn is open from April to November. The Junior Villa is available all year long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your B&B Il Borghetto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Borghetto Hotel Montefiridolfi
- B&B Il Borghetto Montefiridolfi, Italy - Tuscany