“GREAT FOOD AND BEAUTIFUL LOCATION”

Trattoria Della Fonte
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Friendly and informal atmosphere, with a wide choice of typical Tuscan dishes.
London, United Kingdom
“GREAT FOOD AND BEAUTIFUL LOCATION”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

It was my cousin suggestion to dine in this restaurant in the heart of the Chianti area and more precise the Antinori wine production zone..

Unfortunately it was night when we got there and therefore we could not savour the beauty of the scenary which I know is spectacular coming originally from the area.

The restaurant is elegant and yet very simple, you get the feeling of the country side.

We had a very warm welcome and taken to uor table which had been reserved.

Before we even start to order the waiter brought baskets of differnt type of breads and focaccia, delicious, but be careful otherwise you will not be able to eat the rest of the meal.

They mainly specialize in meat products but there are other dishes as well.

We started with a selction of appetizers and pasta dishes so that we could all sample something different.

For the main course the preference was steak which are their speciality, I tested some, and the meat melted in your mouth and full of flavour.
I choose baccala since I am not a meat eater and this too was very good, but if you go there you must make the point of eating meat.

My partner who is a strict vegetarian was served with a beautiful plate of home made ravioli, absolutly delicious.
We opted for some house wine since the majority of us are not drinkers, (what a pity) and this was wonderful.

The service was very attentive and never intrusive.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant and I will make a point of going back on my next visit to Florence

• Visited March 2012