“Food Poisoning”
Review of Senor Zorba

Senor Zorba
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Pyrgos
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Of all the places I have ever dined in the world, this place will always be remembered by me and my guests as the WORST. I was the only one of the three people who wasn't food poisoned from the greasy and awful mexican food.

If you go there.. order a drink and enjoy the spectacular view. DO NOT ORDER THE FOOD. I saw the kitchen and this place should be forever shut down. The chips were dripping with this greenish oil that turned our stomachs and ruined our trip to this beautiful island. When we came back from the clinic to voice our concerns about the unsanitary kitchen, they (two older women) became very hostile.

So now the whole world can learn about how you food poison customers Senor Zorba...

19  Thank Wolfgang V
senorzorba, Owner at Senor Zorba, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

I must say I am completely baffled by this review. I would be one of the only two older women that work at Senor Zorba. We have spent the last 18 years building a very good reputation. I would never be hostile with a customer for any reason. It is quite clear to me who pays my salary.It is our customers! Surely I would have remembered a serious allegation such as food poisoning. The only other older woman would be Dori she has worked with us since day one. She does not speak enough English to be hostile.

You must keep in mind just how small of an island Santorini is. The chief of staff at the medical clinic dined at our restaurant yesterday. We have never heard of any type of rumor such as food poisoning from the medical center.. but if you would be so kind as to supply us with the date of your visit to the medical center via the contact page on out website we can check it out.

I am at a loss about the chips dripping in green oil. Our chips are mission foods I think the company makes great shells and wraps.We go through many, many bags in a day, Each bag is individually opened placed on a clean tray and popped into a warm oven to prevent any chance of becoming stale in this humid climate.Completely imposable for them to be dripping in oil we never fry them. Why would anyone in their right mind put oil on chips?

I really don't know how you "saw" the kitchen. Did you go though the back door pass the area the waiters leave the dishes , pass the area we do the daily morning cooking (there you would have seen a large bottle of green oil....the color olive oil is...that is all we cook with and so worth it readers buy a bottle while in Greece some of the best olive oil on the planet)...pass the dish washer..around the corner...pass the salad prep..and finally to the front line?? You would have "saw a very clean stainless steel kitchen.

I feel very blessed to have worked in Santorini for so many years We have met so many wonderful people from every culture and corner of the earth. It has been a pleasure serving all of you. I truly love my job.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

The smith group from manchester . Mary was brilliant amazing food fajitas ribs quesadillas a++ we came on thursday night 3rd august 2011

4  Thank Steve1988
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We actually ended up going here twice during our week long trip to Santorini. We spotted it one night on the way back from Fira and decided we would give it a shot to take a break from the Greek food - and we're glad we did!

The restaurant is up high overlooking the water, staff are incredibly helpful and friendly - keep in mind when they say a dish is spicy it is and when they say a dish is for a very hungry person it is for a very very hungry person.

Well worth going to watch the sunset over a shot of tequila!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

Look, I'm hard to please when it comes to Mexican food--I grew up on the authentic stuff. The food at Senor Zorba's is ok. I've had better, and I've had worse, at restaurants in the states and in Mexico. So if you really miss Mexican food, or you just want to try some, this place is not bad. The view of the caldera is good, and you will see a great sunset. Take into consideration that the food is expensive. If you go, I recommend the guacamole.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

What a great meal and unbelievable view of the Caldera. Prices are reasonable for the amount of food that you get. A must stop for anyone visiting Santorini. Go for the sunset.

3  Thank Bernieheather