I stayed at this resort for 3 nights along with my wife.
This is located at a height and has good views all round the resort. Checking in at the resort was like a breeze and we were escorted to our room which had a ground and small mezzanine floor. there was a kitchenette, TV and small sofa on the ground floor and a small very cozy bedroom on the mezzanine floor. The rear door opened out to a moderately spaced sit out with a table and three chairs which could be used to enjoy the great scenic beauty of the place. The air conditioning was good and we could feel it when we entered the room from the hot outside temperatures. The bathroom was clean and maybe the bath tub was a little small which made me feel a bit cramped while having bath. Still, it was a very enjoyable room and we loved it.
The swimming pool was very well maintained and located at an open space with breath taking view of the sea and mountains. The restaurant next to the pool was neatly furnished with a bar as well. We had our breakfast here which was complimentary and good too. Ms. Dora who was at the restaurant was a great help to us in all respects like choosing the food, giving information about the place and also suggesting places to visit during our stay. Close to the hotel one can find restaurants at walking distances which are quite good particularly for Greek food. There is also a historic Church situated on top of a mountain which is walkable from the hotel
Overall I would say this is a fantastic place to stay and I will surely visit this place again with more friends.
I would like to say "thank you" to Dora and Lefelles (pardon me if I did not get the name right) for being of great help during our stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orizontes Hotel & Villas is ideally situated between the town of Fira and Pyrgos village offering breathtaking panoramic views of Santorini island, the renowned Caldera and Volcano, Fira, Oia, Akrotiri and the crystal clear blue waters of the Aegean. The hotel is build on top of a hill surrounded by vineyards and combines the traditional architecture of the Cycladic islands with modern interior design. Enjoy a relaxing swim in our beautiful swimming pool - one of the largest on the island - overlooking Santorini or explore the picturesque surrounding area. The hotel is only 3km from Fira town and within walking distance from the traditional village of Pyrgos, the biggest winery of the island - SantoWines, Prophet Elias Monastery, the Art Space private museum of art and many local tavernas, restaurants, cafes and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Orizontes Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orizontes Santorini Hotel Pyrgos
- Orizontes Hotel Santorini
- Orizontes Hotel & Villas Santorini, Greece