“Perfect Honeymoon Spot”
Review of Cava Alta

Cava Alta
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Pyrgos
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Old cave-winery house converted in a restaurant with a roof terrace overwiew the tradicional village of Pyrgos. Relaxing place even during the very high season. Friendly staff and fresh home made food with a very good relation value for money.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We ate here on the last night of our honeymoon since we were staying in Pygros. The small rooftop was perfect for a romantic evening as the restaurant is very intimate and my husband and I were able to dine underneath the stars while having views of the small village we came to love. We had the ravioli appetizer and it was amazing! We love truffles. In addition, the cuddle ink pasta was the best thing I ate in Greece. I still can’t stop thinking about it! This was by far our cheapest dinner in Greece and it was one of the best! It would not be an exaggeration to say this was my favorite restaurant in Greece! (We had travelled to both Athens and Mykonos). Would recommend to anyone, even if you’re not staying in Pyrgos. Pygros village is exactly how I pictured Greece and it would be a wonderful spot to spend the evening.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Definitely a must visit if you are going to Pyrgos and want a delicious dinner. Not the biggest menu but their food is quality, the service is amazing, they provide dessert and free alcoholic type of ouzo (mini bottle for free), I found a few options and Im a vegetarian. The restaurant itself is beautiful and has a really nice ambiance. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This was a recommendation from the hotel staff. It was a welcome break from the hike up and down the hill. The views were great from the terrace. There are two levels. The waiter brought us a complimentary grappa type bottle for before the lunch and a dessert after as well. Great service and the food was very good too.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We visited here on two occiasions whilst staying for two nights in the village. We liked it so much the first night that we returned the following night for a second visit. The prices are reasonable and there is a variety of things to chose from, only thing I would say is a lot of the dishes have meat in so not being a meat eater meant my choices were restricted but what i did have was delicious.
The chickpea and cauliflower salad as a starter is amazing, as is the blue cheese, broccoli risotto.
The setting can’t be faulted, lovely views all round.
The staff were all very friendly and service was excellent.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Great food, although limited selection for vegetarians. Starters were amazing serving mainly med dishes. Great views of the sunset if you go in the evening.