“GREAT CAKE”

Patisserie Marie Beliard
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Petionville
Cuisines: French
Description: Http://adsland.net/flash/businessdetail/id/260http://www.manmanpemba.com/?p=1938
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We ordered my daughters birthday cake from here and it was great. I have to be honest we were not able to eat the cake for a week and it was still fresh. We were able to keep it cold and it stayed together and still had a great taste. I know some people may not want to drive to PV just for cake but it is WORTH IT!

1  Thank SarahPLouis

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Sandwiches and pastries are delicious. Staff is pretty friendly. They have a Griot sandwich that is very good. Try it.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We went here for brunch and had coffee with fruit and meat flakey pasteries. Everything is delicious, but it is a quite plain spot with moderate cleanliness, and it was not that busy when we went. Would definitely go there again, but not the place to really sit and enjoy. A shame, because the windows provide a nice street view, and it's large enough to have some really nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I still dream of ripped-off pieces of a fresh baguette, dipped in their wonderful anise-flavored hot chocolate. I regret not being able to try all of their pastries while I was there. And if I ever end up in Haiti again, I'm making a pit stop for one of their pates.
Marie Beliard is a Petionville institution. It's located in the center of Petionville, downhill from Place St. Pierre, but they actually make the fresh bread available in Giant and the fancy cakes in all of the upperclass supermarkets
Now, when it comes to atmosphere, it's a bit lacking. But no one goes to Marie Beliard for a sit-down meal. On the other hand, if you're stopping for a quick breakfast, or frantically trying to cater a conference, you can't go wrong.

1  Thank Roger215
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Wonderful pastries, pizza and sandwiches. Feels like a European patisserie. Highly recommended. A big surprise in Haiti. I went with adults and a child, we all found something to enjoy. Also a great place to order a special occasion cake.

1  Thank dggal