“Best Hotel in Haiti!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Petionville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Hotel in Haiti!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

On my first Wedding Anniversary, my Wife and I decided to take a trip to the mother land. From my arrival at the Airport until my last day we were treated like Royal. This hotel truly hold is name. All the staff were friendly. Our shuttle driver was on time and dress professionally, he was also very funny which made the ride from the Airport to the hotel more enjoyable. When we arrived at the Hotel, the front desk staff Ritchara Bastien greeted us with a huge smile on her face. She was very courteous, professional and went above and beyond to make our stay unforgettable. Ritchara was the one who told me about a "Rooftop Party" with the best Dj in the country "Gardy Girault". O.M.G. I have never had so much fun in my life. The restaurant are also excellent, especially "Les Terraces" they have the best lobster in the world. La Villa is also excellent. Oasis also has a magnificent garden where my wife and I took some killer pictures.
This Hotel is truly an oasis and they treat their customers like royals!

Room Tip: Ritchara Bastien is Amazing! If she's there your stay will automatically be better!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Royal_OasisHT, Sales and Marketing Manager at Royal Oasis, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Mr. Stan,

Thank you very much for this great review! We are very happy to read that you had a fabulous time here with us for your first anniversary. Your comments regarding our staff has been passed on to them. We wish you and your wife all the very best and hope to welcome you back soon!

Best,

Royal Oasis!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at this Royal Oasis for the second time this past March. The hotel is a great hotel with great service in Petionvillé. All the staff is well trained and the front desk staff is extremely helpful. The front desk staff was extra helpful. They all spoke very good English and went above and beyond to make the guest feel welcome! For instance Ms. Bastien was very helpful when my colleague was in need of help to find a gift for his wife and Ms. Bastien assisted him on his pursue. She was also very helpful in clarifying an error that occur on our bill. Overall, it was very satisfying to receive a very good treatment for all staff and learn that most of the Hotel ownership belongs to Haitians.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Royal_OasisHT, Sales and Marketing Manager at Royal Oasis, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Felipe,

We are pleased to know you had a great time here with us. Your comments regarding Ms. Bastien has been passed on.

We hope to see you back soon!

Royal Oasis Team
New York
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My stay at Royal Oasis in Pétionville, Haïti was a phenomenal experience. The hotel has a modern design with a beautiful courtyard and outdoor dining area. The rooms were very modern, fully equipped and the beds were amazingly comfortable. My room had a great view of the "jalousie en couleur" and the roof-top party provided great ambiance and a spectacular view of the city. We received top notch service from management and staff alike. In particularly, Rod Guerdyna at reception was exceptional in her gracious, helpful and enthusiastic manner. She made customer service her top priority by providing room upgrades and escalating service requests to ensure that we remained satisfied and comfortable. Everyone from front desk, doormen and kitchen staff provided fantastic service in catering to our every needs. The entire front desk is fluent in English, French, Creole and Spanish. We truly felt welcomed at the Royal Oasis. If you plan on staying in Pétionville, I highly recommend Royal Oasis!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the "jalousie en couleur"
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review about our hotel! We are pleased to know you had a great time here with us.

Can't wait to welcome you back!

Royal Oasis Team
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the Flower Carnival and for a 5 star hotel I was not impressed. The staff at the front desk seems very unhappy and to me if you can't smile and be courteous to your guests then you don't belong in the Hospitality industry. The General Manager would walk around the property not really interacting with either guests or staff. Only three staff members made my stay pleasant, Chimere, Sauveur the shuttle driver and Evinx the waiter from La Terrasse restaurant at breakfast time they aim to please we're professional and friendly. This is such a beautiful property but I am afraid in terms of service and hospitality at his best, the hotel Best Western Premier in Petion-Ville take the trophy. There is no wi-fi in the rooms only in the lobby area, they have a $300 hold for incidental charges which you are not told until you check-in. If management does not offer better hands-on trainings and salaries to their staff this hotel will not survive. If you are claiming "5" star then you should have personalized services, turndown, rooftop pool, decent wi-fi , amazing reputation and good service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Johanne L
Dear Johanne L,

First we would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hold on your card may have caused, know that it was brought up to management and they are working to let the clients know ahead of time. Your kind comments regarding Evinx, Chimene and Sauveur has been passed on to them, thank you for that.

We do hope we can welcome you back soon to be able to show you a better experience.

Thank you!
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Reservation process went smoothly through the hotel website. The hotel itself is very elegant. Bed is really comfy. Room is large and well decorated. It looks really really nice. But the problem is with activities occurring on the 9th floor (roof) Too much people going to these parties so elevators always busy. Music noise was really annoying. I was up until 2:30 am because of the noise. I would have give 4 1/2 if it was not for the noise and i had to take the stairs twice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chalito696
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you sharing your comments with us, we apologize for the noise coming from the event happening on our rooftop and know that we are working very hard to find a better solution.

We do hope to welcome you back soon!

Royal Oasis Team!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at the the Royal Oasis hotel during my visit to Haiti for six nights, by night two I realized the hotel was more commercial. They had graduations on the roof and parties, it was loud for my taste.I wanted to leave because I preferred a more quit setting. I went to the front desk all angry about the loudness, that's when I met Ms Ritchara Bastien she was so professional and she handled the situation with such compassion when responding to my complaint. She apologize for the inconvenience and moved me to a room farther away from the noise and she offered to pack my things to move me to my new room, talk about going the extra mile. The next morning on my way to breakfast she ask me about my night, if I slept well and she assures me if there was anything else I needed to let her know and she would be glad to help accommodate my stay. Now people like her is what every company needs, she is a 5 star staff, after meeting her everything seem to smooth out and I look forward to my next Haiti trip and will diffidently stay at the Royal Oasis........thnx Ms Bastien

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank naturesbeauty01
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this great review! We are happy to read that our staff took great care of your needs and made sure you left a happy client.

We hope to see you soon!

Royal Oasis Team!
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at the Royal Oasis Hotel for 3 nights and it was a great overall experience. The location was ideal, the hotel was clean, great value, the staff there was amazing especially Richara B from the front desk. She was extremely professional and courteous. She made sure my stay there was excellent with her overall service. I would recommend the Royal Oasis and will be booking again in future travels.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Bogard21
Royal_OasisHT, Sales and Marketing Manager at Royal Oasis, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you very much for this positive review from your recent stay at the Royal Oasis. We are pleased to hear that you had a great time with us.

Can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Royal Oasis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petionville
NH Haiti El Rancho
Best Western Premier Petion-Ville
Hotel Villa Therese
Hotel Villa Therese
#5 of 13 in Petionville

Been to Royal Oasis? Share your experiences!