My husband and I stayed at Grof Degenfeld for 3 days in August 2006 (in fact we booked for 2 nights but extended our stay because we liked it so much).
This is a real gem of a hotel, in an area that has a shortage of good quality hotels. We had a lovely spacious room with good bathroom facilities. he public rooms (library, living room) are also beautifully done. There is a lovely outdoor pool where 4 or 5 children were playing very happily all day while their parents sat in loungers around the outisde of the pool. The gardens are very nice, and the whole grounds are surrounded by the castle's own vineyards.
The staff are young and not that experienced, mostly young locals, but were extremely helpful and enthusiastic - they arranged train tickets and transfers for us to see other towns in the area, as well as wine tastings as local wineries.
The restaurant was good but not outstanding - we had two dinners there and had three good main courses and one not so good. I would recommend the goose liver starters - very good!
Other guests were mostly Hungarian with a smattering of Americans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four star hotel was reconstructed from a historical mansion in the middle of the one hundred hectare vineyard. The rooms are equipped with Empire furniture and fascinate with their fabric and color harmony. The salon and the library are equipped with antique furniture, old paintings and Venetian chandeliers reflecting the atmosphere of the 19th century. The elegant restaurant for 60 persons, the pleasant summer terrace with an overlook to the park, as well as the wine bar in the cellar with unique atmosphere for 40 persons are expecting those who prefer excellent food and high standard wines. The separate room gives place to business and family events, as well as receptions at a high standard. Besides the wonderful environment the qualified staff ensures high standard, but still family like hospitality. Our additional services include: heated outdoor swimming pool, sauna, fitness room, tennis courts , own parking place, 24-hour reception and concierge service, program organisation, restaurant, wine bar, summer terrace, salon, library, conference hall, laundry service, central safe and bicycle rent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grof Degenfeld Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grof Degenfeld Castle Tarcal
- Grof Degenfeld Castle Hotel Hungary/Tarcal