We had a lovely and relaxing stay on the weekend of Cartmel races in July. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were very comfortable and we could have had a party in our bathroom. Beware of the open plan bedroom/bathroom! The food was wonderful and I had the nicest steak pie ever! Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the Lake District National Park, The Derby Arms Hotel serves traditional British cuisine and real ales in the popular on-site restaurant. The elegant rooms have spacious bathrooms and free Wi-Fi. The quaint country pub offers charming rooms with crisp white linens, antique furniture and ornamental lamps. All rooms feature a plasma-screen TV, and some rooms have scenic views and luxury roll-top baths. A generous continental breakfast is served each morning, and full evening meals and lunches are also available. The beautiful restaurant features a grand open fireplace and polished wooden tables, and is intimately lit by candlelight. The Derby Arms has a spacious games room, which features a pool table and darts board. There is also an on-site village shop, and free on-site parking is also available. Dogs are welcome throughout the hotel, and packed lunches can also be arranged. Grange-over-Sands is just 10 minutes' away, and Kendal town centre can be reached in 15 minutes' drive. Morecombe Bay is a 10-minute drive, and Grange-over-Sands Railway Station is 7 minutes away, offering trains to Ulverston and Carnforth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Derby Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Derby Arms Hotel Witherslack
- The Derby Arms Witherslack, Lake District