I recently stayed here with my partner, 2 nights bed & breakfast. We ate at the Derby Arms both evenings and I must say the food was excellent, the portions were good, the food was very well prepared, well presented and very satisfying. The drink was also excellent, a nice selection of cask ales which all tasted great so they are obviously well cared for. One of the biggest positives is for the staff, each and every staff member we met could not do enough for us, they were attentive and pleasant and they deserve a huge thumbs up.
The room itself was clean and ample for our stay.
The only down side to the stay was the noise from the pub and banging doors ...... but that is being picky as it is a pub after all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the Lake District National Park, The Derby Arms Hotel serves traditional British cuisine and real ales in the popular on-site restaurant. The elegant rooms have spacious bathrooms and free Wi-Fi. The quaint country pub offers charming rooms with crisp white linens, antique furniture and ornamental lamps. All rooms feature a plasma-screen TV, and some rooms have scenic views and luxury roll-top baths. A generous continental breakfast is served each morning, and full evening meals and lunches are also available. The beautiful restaurant features a grand open fireplace and polished wooden tables, and is intimately lit by candlelight. The Derby Arms has a spacious games room, which features a pool table and darts board. There is also an on-site village shop, and free on-site parking is also available. Dogs are welcome throughout the hotel, and packed lunches can also be arranged. Grange-over-Sands is just 10 minutes' away, and Kendal town centre can be reached in 15 minutes' drive. Morecombe Bay is a 10-minute drive, and Grange-over-Sands Railway Station is 7 minutes away, offering trains to Ulverston and Carnforth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Derby Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Derby Arms Hotel Witherslack
- The Derby Arms Witherslack, Lake District