All reviews craigengar lodge orlege end crosswoodhill farm thought of everything self catering living room home from home everything you could possibly need sound system tourist information absolutely everything the barn open plan pentland hills on arrival lovely week wood burning stove
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Craigengar is superior accomodation in gorgeous countryside surroundings. This lovely, contemporary, "green" house is beautifully designed and thoughtfully equipped for self catering. Lots of space for our party of 10 which included 3 generations. Each could choose their own room.
Cannot overstate how happy we were to stay here. It definitely exceeded our expectations.
Fresh flowers and cake and biscuits were laid out for our arrival.
The owner Geraldine went out of her way to assist us with all aspects of our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2012

A group of us stayed at Craigengar for two nights for a hen weekend and had a fabulous time. The quality of service provided by Geraldine was fantastic. I was impressed by all of the homely touches provided in the lodge and it was extremely well equipped. Craigengar was spacious and modern with a high quality finish. The bedrooms and bathrooms were big and extremely clean, as was the kitchen/living area/dining room. We all could have stayed longer and were reluctant to leave. I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Joined a group of like minded people for a week at Craigengar Lodge for Battlecamp. The Lodge was absolutely wonderful! Many features of the Lodge e.g. floor to ceiling windows throughout, open plan kitchen, lounge, seating/television area and more contributed to it feeling lovely and bright and airy. You are surrounded by quality furnishings and I had a great nights sleep in a fabulous bed with lovely linen. Bathrooms throughout lovely - with great showers! Kitchen was fitted with an extensive range of utensils - all you would need. Loved the mix of contemporary and 'old' furnishings. The place feels cared for with lovely little touches like cuddly small teddy bears discreatly placed! Sylvia Brown, Ayrshire. Scotland

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

It was our first time to Scotland and I was participating in the fringe festival in edinburgh for a few days before going to Crosswoodhill Farm. Being a single mother with two young kids, G the owner of the property helped us tremendously in all aspect of the planning - a place to stay in Edinburgh, reliable baby sitting while I was tied up, excellent recommendation of places to visit while in West Lothian... The list goes on. In addition to the wonderful friendly service which enabled me to feel very comfortable and well supported, the location and cottage was marvelous. We stayed at the Wing of the Crosswoodhill and it was homey and comfortable with character. There were even toys, games and teddy bears for my kids!! Everything we needed was there and we look forward to our next visit!!

Room tip: We stayed at the Wing which was the smallest as we only had 3 in our family. Different units have different characteristics and sizes, which G will thorough guide you through. Just ask....
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2012

From the moment eyes were first set on the lodge with its wonderfully serene surroundings you can't help but fall in love with the place. I recently stayed at Craigengar Lodge with 12 others as part of a residential Bootcamp. Not only did we have the pleasure of living in such a stunning and luxurious lodge (which ultimately became a 'home from home' for all individuals attending Bootcamp) but we were also able to take advantage and utilise the beautiful surroundings of Crosswoodhill Farm as part of the programme.

The Lodge was brilliantly equipped and accommodated every need that we could possibly have and much much more! The open plan living/dining and kitchen area really worked well for our purposes always bringing the group together in sharing our personal experiences of being put through our paces at Bootcamp. Equally the bedrooms are all fabulous sizes with great en-suites -so if you needed a little time out -especially after working so hard then our comfy beds were the place to go. I could gush on and on about the lodge and never know where to stop but I guess to experience it then you have to go and stay there and I would highly recommend it! You really do have to see it to believe it.

G and Hugh's passion and pride for the property is reflected through their attention to detail and so much thought has gone into every part of this lodge equipped to the max to make visits a wonderful experience for all who are lucky enough to come and stay. Nothing was ever too much for G and she made our stay as comfortable as possible.

I absolutely loved my time at Craigengar and could live here forever and ever....the worst part of the week was actually the fact that we would eventually have to leave!!!!

It's 2 weeks after my stay at Crosswoodhill farm and every day as I drive past the signs for "West Calder" on the way to work I wish I could take a detour and just go and sit on the outside deck of Craigengar and appreciate the beautiful views.

Thank you G and Hugh for sharing Craigengar Lodge with us!!

Date of stay: July 2012