“A very pleasant surprise, worth every penny!”
Review of Five Sisters Zoo

Five Sisters Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: The Five Sisters Zoo offers a great value family day out for all the family. With over 120 different species from all around the world from bats to bears and lemurs to lynx everyone has their favourites. Daily handling sessions, keeper talks and feed the lemur sessions. School and groups are most welcome, group rates available. Please see the website for full details and admission charges. Open all year.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very pleasant surprise, worth every penny!”
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I can honestly say i have never had such a great day out in a long time.
The entrance cost was very reasonable. The park itself had so many animals. we have been to many animal attractions, and i can honestly say for small animals, it is the best..
I am not really into animals myself, but my husband and 2 boys age 9 and 7 are, and were delighted with waht they could see, even me, i enjoyed it very much..
The soft play area is amazing!! and when the fort opens it shall be even better..
take your camera, maybe waterproofs, just incase, but spend as many hours as you like.
I have passed on my recommendations to all my family and friends.. Go along, you won't be disappointed >>

Visited April 2011
1 Thank janeyc70
fivesisterszoo, Guest Relations Manager at Five Sisters Zoo, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Thank you for your comments about the Zoo and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit.

west lothian
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Zoo for all the family”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I have just returned from a visit to the Five Sisters Zoo Park andwas extremely delighted by the park and its attractions. I have been a frequent visitor the Edinburgh Zoo and quite frankly for the amount of money you pay on your entrance fee for Edinburgh Zoo I found that Five Sisters was far better value for money with lots more animals on show and not hiding inside where they couldn't be seen I have 3 kids ranging in ages from 3 to 13 and they all enjoyed the Zoo especially the Lemur Feeding and the animal handling Session they can't wait for our return keep up the good work.

Visited March 2011
fivesisterszoo, Manager at Five Sisters Zoo, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Thank you, we appreciate the feedback about your visit.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Awful”
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I couldnt agree more with the negative reviews of this dreadful place. We visited last year and were horrified at the state of some of the animals who looked distressed and unkempt. I left a negative review on another website and it was responded to by someone connected to the park who was rather cheeky in their response!! When we were there my son wanted a shot on one of the carousel fairground rides but they didn't appear to work. The elderly gentleman in charge was rude, discourteous and unpleasant telling my toddler son to get off, he wasn't switching the power on. Even if I was passing it I wouldn't go!!

5 Thank Hendrygaz
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A great day out”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We love this Zoo, a great array of animals which includes lots of reptiles. This is something we miss on our visits to Edinburgh Zoo... who have very few reptiles now it seems. The entrance price is reasonable which makes it an affordable day out for our wee family, we really look forward to seeng all the new additions. We saw a wallaby with a joey in it's pouch today and a cockatoo who squawked "hello", meerkats, a kookabura, prairie dogs and lots of farm animals too, the list goes on and on. With your zoo ticket you get a discount on entrance into their large softplay "Leaping Lemurs", great for tired parents to relax with a cuppa while the kids have a ball, and again not a small mortgage for coffee and a muffin. The softplay is large with 2 areas downstairs and a maize upstairs, there's also a room with a pool table, We really enjoy our visits to the zoo, the staff are friendly and happy to answer questions, the kids are in awe everytime we've been. We could see they are building what seems like a huge wooden fort in a pirate theme, they said it should open for Easter, can't wait!

Visited March 2011
fivesisterszoo, Manager at Five Sisters Zoo, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Thank you! I will pass your message on to all the staff and we are delighted that you like the zoo.
East Lothian, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Overpriced for what looks like someones private animal collection. If you are in the area you might want to stop by but I wouldn't make any special effort. The meerkats and giant rabbits were ok but don't go if you don't like seeing animals in cages as it will confirm what you already think.

3 Thank bluechilli