The Safari hotel is located on the lakefront of Tissamaharama Lake (Tissa Wewa). We visited here after it was branded and refurbished while the pool was still under renovation. A clean and nice hotel providing a tranquil lakefront with a constant and comforting blowing. This could be the ideal location to focus and calibrate your binoculars or play with your zoom lenses, if you are an avid photographer. I enjoyed their Mai Tai cocktail which was made to my satisfaction.
This is a quiet and credible place to stay while in the area. Sleep quality is high whether in the day or night and the bathrooms were good. Staff were very good to us and I hope the management continues to dedicate towards their training and welfare. This hotel infrastructure is complete with a water recycling plant.
Food was good but some dessert items were stale from repeat exposure at breakfast and dinner or vice versa. Frugality is good but I do hope they take care not to compromise quality with it.
The name does connote it is in the midst of safari land but the opposite is true. I do recommend this lovely hotel to stay and operate from, visit the Yala National Park etc. I also would not quiz the staff about safaris or the park itself. They are not geared to help you on this despite The Safari branding. This is best left to your research online.
Parking is ample. There are no options in the neighborhood for meal variety/options and it is advisable to dine in the safety and comfort of this hotel. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located over looking the ancient "Tissa Wawa" (Lake) which gives a splendid view from your room.Situated in very close proximity to Yala National Park and Bundala National Park.Air conditioned restaurant which serves both set menus and a la carte and are very reasonably priced. A well stocked bar is available to quench your thirst after the safari.All rooms are air conditioned and with attached bath with hot and cold water,mini bar, individual safety lockers,free tea/coffee making facilities, WiFi and satelite TV.Ample safe parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ekho Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Safari - Tissa Hotel Tissamaharama
- Ekho Safari Hotel Sri Lanka/Tissamaharama