Having been staying in friendly guest houses around Sri Lanka, I was a little disapointed with our stay at the Safari Hotel.
While there was nothing glaringly wrong with the hotel, I just found the place to be a little stale and not worth the money. The rooms were fine and clean, but having booked a double room, I was surprised to have two single beds pushed together. I also found the breakfast to be a bit average and the two cocktails we ordered the night before not very good. The staff were also not overly friendly, which is a first for me in Sri Lanka.
I would say that this place is probably a three star hotel trying to punch a little above its weight. You'll have a fine stay, but Next time I would save the money and stay at a local guesthouse.
If heading to Yala, do try and find Serath from Mongoose Tours. Great guy and had a really good safari. He even invited us back to his family home for dinner which was and amazing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located over looking the ancient "Tissa Wawa" (Lake) which gives a splendid view from your room.Situated in very close proximity to Yala National Park and Bundala National Park.Air conditioned restaurant which serves both set menus and a la carte and are very reasonably priced. A well stocked bar is available to quench your thirst after the safari.All rooms are air conditioned and with attached bath with hot and cold water,mini bar, individual safety lockers,free tea/coffee making facilities, WiFi and satelite TV.Ample safe parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ekho Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Safari - Tissa Hotel Tissamaharama
- Ekho Safari Hotel Sri Lanka/Tissamaharama