“RESTING WITH THE "ANGELS"”
Review of Villa Tre Angeli

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedonia
Villa Tre Angeli
Ranked #1 of 2 Bedonia B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“RESTING WITH THE "ANGELS"”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I, with our two adult daughters, enjoyed a stay at Villa Tre Angeli in Bedonia; it was wonderful – thanks to the efforts of Valerie and Gian Carlo Manfredini who refurbished this elegant and graceful home. One can see and feel the grandeur of this beautiful structure: 14 foot ceilings (some of which are wood), extra wide staircase, large windows with functional outside shutters which can be closed over the windows, and stone and wooden floors.

The bedrooms, updated kitchens and bathrooms constitute a comfortable stay, especially for families. Some suites have two bedrooms with kitchen and bath; others have one bedroom with kitchen and bath. My husband and I enjoyed the first floor suite which consists of a large bedroom, sitting room, kitchen and spacious bathroom. We were able to spend quality time with our daughters in our suite; yet they enjoyed the privacy and coziness of their separate, smaller accommodations.

After touring the area with our guide for long hours, it was a pleasure to rest our heads in Villa Tre Angeli; the angels kept us safe and brought us perfect weather each day of
our visit! Thank you to the Manfredinis for restoring, maintaining and sharing their
Villa with us. We appreciate and respect their efforts in preserving this graceful abode;
it is truly a gem.

Geri Roglieri, Tenafly and Spring Lake, NJ

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a wonderful time at this B&B, with Manny (the owner) and Umberto (the tour guide). We saw many beautiful things and places, including fourteenth-century castles, cheese and prosciutto factories, Cinque Terre, Milano, Parma...The B&B was very comfortable and Bedonia was lovely. But what really made the trip was the fantastic hospitality, and the wonderful friendship offered by Manny and Umberto, as well as the careful organization of our trip by Valerie (who happened to be in the US at the time of our trip). We had an amazing vacation that we will never forget.
I highly recommend the Villa Tre Angeli!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Have you always wanted to see The Last Supper, tour the famous LaScala Opera House, walk across the roof of Il Duomo among its “forest of spires”? Or take a slow boat ride around Lake Como to lunch and shopping at Bellagio, where the Italian and Swiss Alps meet? Why not hike, train, or ferry through the spectacular five towns of Cinque Terre? Would you like to see how Parmigiano Reggiano cheese is made? Or enjoy an outdoors cheese, wine, and salumi lunch where Prosciutto di Parma is produced? How about touring the best-preserved castle from the 15th century, walls and ceilings covered with frescoes? Or stroll the charming historic city center of Parma?

We were able to do all of this and more while resting each night in the clean, spacious, historic and comfortable Villa Tre Angeli in quaint and quiet Bedonia. In addition, we enjoyed wonderful camaraderie with our fun-loving and knowledgeable host, GianCarlo (better known as Mannie) Manfredini and his group of local friends. Mannie’s recognition in the region opened doors for us in restaurants and on tours, where his arrival lit up the room such that we called him the Mayor of Compiano. Our guide, Umberto Piscina, spoke British English (grew up there) as well as fluent Italian. In addition to educating us about the various sites we visited, Umberto shared with us a running discussion of books, plays, operas, movies, music from Verdi to Lady GaGa (our kids translated the latter), as well as cosmology and theology.

In short, we were able to do much more than we had expected to do, and had even more fun, laughs, and learning in the doing than we had ever hoped for. A stay in small-town Italy was a rewarding and fulfilling counter-point to our earlier visits to the Big Three – Rome, Florence, and Venice --and other Italian cities. We highly recommend this unique soggiorno in the beautiful Emilia-Romagna region.

John Roglieri, M.D.
New York, N.Y.

Room Tip: Our group occupied three of the apartments and one was as comfortable as the next.
1 Thank Geraldine R
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Tre Angeli and had the most spectacular time you can imagine. The hosts, Valerie & Manny, treated us like family. They seem to know everyone in the community, so we had tours of the local parmesan cheese factory, the prosciutto factory, a local vineyard - and we were treated like royalty everywhere we went. Valerie and Manny know the best places to dine and the best sights to see. We visited Cinque Terra, the Italian Riviera, Roman ruins, Florence, and more. For English speakers, it helped very much that Valerie is American and Manny, Italian by birth, is also fluent in English. The local town is charming and is located a short walk down the street from the B&B. For the language lovers among you -you can arrange for Italian lessons right at the villa! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This was a very personal special trip for us and this review is a little different that the others. I can only reinforce what the other reviewers wrote. I don't think else anyone could have made this pilgrimage to my families home town of Bedonia any better. Valerie -an American girl in Italy - and Giancarlo - my favorite living Bedonian- made our first trip to Italy an astonishing experience.
As a New Yorker , American and a 9/11 NYPD family member I came to share the heroic story of my twin brother John's life giving sacrafice with the town of Bedonia. The Manfredini's helped us tell our story in Italian to the mayor, city council and the town. With out the Manfredini's I wouldn't have been able to find my way out of the airport in Milan.
We took their tour package and did what the other reviewers did. Valerie has a gift of explaining Italian ways and customs to Americans and her easy way with people make her engaging. The difference being I had a personal connection to places and people that I could have never found or imagined. Manny and Valerie discovered family documents that went back centuries. They arranged for us to view documents in the Semonary museum from my great,great grand father and arranged for a place in the museum for a piece of WTC steel that I bought with me. They introduced me to Rev Renato Costa who raised money from functions in NY that I attended as a kid. We went to the trout and polenta festal and danced the way my parents did to the music of Val Taro. I bought my mandolin with me and with Manny on guitar we jammed over cocktails at the villa. I actually had separation anxiety when we left them. All I have to do is figure out how to get back to Bedonia the next time we visit Italy. Manny, Valerie Veronic, Tallie and Teo,( the prince of ,Bedonia) words fall short for what needs to be expressed Thank You!.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dan d
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We recently took a 10 day trip to Italy. Our stay centered around Villa Tre Angeli. This B&B in Bedonia (South of Parma) is run by Giancarlo (Manny) and his lovely wife Valerie Raffetto Manfredini. Manny grew up locally while Valerie is originally from Spring Lake, NJ. Their home is a classic Italian house. The comfortable bedrooms include en suite bath rooms with a tub or shower. Breakfast is provided each morning and dinner on the night of arrival. Valerie is a terrific cook; ask for her lasagna!! One of the things that makes the experience is the convenience provided in touring the area. They picked us up at the Milan airport and drove us to Bedonia. Then virtually every day one of them would drive us to one or two spots we wanted to visit. The ability to custom design our tours was a real treat. They have contacts at interesting local locations e.g. a Parmesan cheese factory, a Prosciutto di Parma facility, a Sunday dance for locals etc.. In addition they took us to castles, Lucca, Porto Venere, the Cinque Terre, Milan etc.. All of this while staying in and wondering around a real non-touristy town with restaurants within walking distance.
If you want to get a taste of the real Italy, this is the way to do it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ndcl60
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Had the most amazing time. Everyone was very friendly, and very nice!! Will definitely be back if I'm in the area. Very clean, reliable, good food good service Definitely recommend!!!! Close to everything and very knowledgable!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ahava111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedonia
Castello di Compiano - Hotel Relais Museum
#1 of 2 in Compiano
Rose e Cioccolato
Rose e Cioccolato
#2 of 3 in Borgo val di Taro

Been to Villa Tre Angeli? Share your experiences!