“Do NOT! eat here”

Back Cove Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Cow Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Avoid this restaurant at all costs.
The food is terrible, the worst we had in our life!!
We got 2 chowders, fish and chips and a moose burger for $43.00
The chowders did not have any seafood in it, the burger was soggy but by far the fish and chips were the worst. Small piece of fish (for sure not fresh cut as the sign said) and the fries were drowning in oil.
I have never seen anything like this, at the bottom of my dish there was a huge pool of oil.
I could cook an entire meal in that amount of oil. Do not eat there even if they offer to pay you $100 to try!!!!!

5  Thank MEGSIBOO

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stopped here for lunch, I had the fish chowder and my friend the moose burger. My chowder was disappointing, more a potato soup, good , but little seafood to be found. my friend, however,, found the moose burger the best she had ever had, so we each ordered another instead of dessert. They were juicy and flavourful, with the fried onions. It was a bit pricey, with tea, my soup and 1 moose burger the bill was just over $18.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were driving through the area and saw the sign for Moose Burgers and decided to stop in an try one. It was excellent -- very juicy -- with extra fried onions (yes! not raw). And homemade fries that were a potato moments before. Well worth the stop. (and they had fresh partridge berry pie and ice cream as well)

1  Thank KFW07
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Had the worst and one of the most expensive meals of our entire trip at this establishment. Our grandson ordered a bacon burger and literally all that was on it was a burger and bacon!! My "Scallop Boat" had 5 deep fried scallops and fries 14.99 - I have bought frozen and had better. My husband had a moose sandwich - meat was good and tender but very sparse served on very thinly sliced bread!! Would not recommend at all!!

2  Thank 569Judy