We stayed 2 nights at the B&B associated with the motel. In our opinion, the B&B was nicer than the motel. We had a nice room with a beautiful view and deck right on the bay. Based on the previous reviews and conversations with other guests, we avoided the motel restaurant at dinner and ate instead at the BackCove Cafe, which was good. The motel breakfast was fine. We went to Gross Morne Theatre productions both nights and enjoyed the shows. The hike out to the shore beyond the old lighthouse was well worthwhile - lots of limestone rock formations and interesting geology. Very different from the sandy beach in the other direction!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Gros Morne National Park. Home of Gros Morne Theatre Festival, live theatre May - September. Minutes away from breathtaking scenery--Western Brook Fjords Pond boat tour, Shallow Bay Beach, and 18-hole golf course. 84 units--many in room comforts. Our facility offers--free Wireless Internet, Restaurant, Outdoor heated pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, Exercise Room, Gift Shop, ATM and Laundromat. Combining the amenities of a 3.5* motel with luxurious oceanfront rooms. 2 Exits--North & South (drive through community). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Shallow Bay Motel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shallow Bay Motel & Cabins Hotel Cow Head
- Shallow Bay Motel And Cabins
- Shallow Bay Hotel
- Shallow Bay Motel & Cabins Cow Head, Newfoundland